patsicruiser

Hi,

I was just wondering if NCL provides it's passengers with any gifts in the

cabin such as a tote or mugs.

Celebrity gave everyone a canvas tote which came in very handy on

beach or shopping trips.

Just one less thing to pack.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, NY Cruiser for the info. Guess I'm packing a tote for the beach.

I can't believe they don't give you some token. The totes were great because

several of the passengers used them in the ports where we docked so it was a lot of free advertisements for Celebrity.

Oh well.

Free gifts in the cabin is not the norm on NCL. They do have a deal where if you visit a certain gift shop that is in multiple ports, you can get a free tote bag. The shop sells items that change color in different temperatures and the bag has a color-changing logo of this shop and an NCL logo, as well. This won't help you for the first day or so on the ship, but just wanted to let you know that, depending on your itinerary, you may be able to pick one of these up.

I know, the little differences between cruise lines are interesting. On Princess, they charged for the ice cream by the pool and a woman was quite upset, repeating, "They don't charge for ice cream on Holland America" over and over to the unfortunate busboy.

We do get used to things a certain way!

I have not had the pleasure of sailing Celebrity yet, and agree that the free tote bag is a nice touch and great advertising! I will mention that I priced serveral cruise lines for our Alaska trip last summer. With the difference between our fares on NCL and what Celebrity wanted for a similar itinerary, I could have bought 1,500 tote bags:D

Free tote bag--nice idea. Too bad we didn't get one in December when we stayed in the $$$ Celebrity Suite on the Millennium! :( All around disappointing trip, especially since my first Celebrity sailing (same ship) had been so enjoyable. Not only did our Butler not know how we took our tea..., well, I'll just leave it at that.

I have gotten tote bags (and other goodies such as Champagne) on NCL by partipating in activities where prizes were awarded. I'm always willing to volunteer my husband for anything potentially embarrassing.:)

Just take your Celebrity tote and flaunt it! Try offering to the Cruise Director that you'll put it away if it's replaced with an NCL tote. Happy sailing, Carla

The totes on Celebtety are not canvas, some "cheesey" material, something like gauze made out of paper. So don`t get too excited;) The totes we got for free in Nassau on NCL were a nice canvas, not great, but nice. Holland America has always given very nice canvas totes. Don`t know if they still do.

The first time on Celebrity (Galaxy) we did get the canvas bag. I am still using that to carry things to school. The second time about 3 years ago on the Mercury, they only gave us the gauze ones, more like paper type material.

Archived