Review of 11 day S Caribbean Wayfarer on the Noordam, Mar 11 - 22

luvmyjrt

I think that was me who mentioned that tour. We read that the stores and shops were closed on Sunday and the people are not friendly in Martinique. We found the opposite as the islanders were friendly, at least the ones we met along the way. We picked up souvenirs in St. Pierre, De Paz Rum distillery and a few shops in town.

The island was beautiful, especially the area around Mt. Pelee, and the grounds of the rum factory overlooking the ocean. We had a much different opinion of the island after we took that excursion.

We are booked on the same cruise next January in the same cabin.

Yes, it was you:). Please keep mentioning how beautiful Martinique is to others. I love the island now, certainly didn't before. This tour changed my mind completely.

Loved your review! I think we had so much in common (other than us being old and decrepit). We too stayed at Embassy Suites, but arrived around 6:00 PM the day before. Still made happy hour, thank goodness! I love their patio for drinks. And I love their pizza! When we saw our room, I told my SIL it was just like an SA, but with lots more sinks.

Since we were arriving late and didn't want to miss happy hour (I'd been at the airport at 4:00 AM (make that 3:00 because of DST change), I'd preordered online at Total Wine. The shuttle ($8 pp) stopped on the way to the ship so we could pick it up. It was not a ginormous order since we thought we might have to carry it, so we couldn't check it. Give me your tips for that

We had the same stewards, Dedi and Rah, who were super. We have a few requests like ice 3 times a day and laundry pickup at 8:30. They never missed a beat! Same with Neptune concierges, RJ and Vincent. Very helpful.

Same experience at MDR. Didn't get to know our waiters at all. Noel, our sommelier, was one of the best we have had. Ran into him everywhere.

Had breakfast either in the Neptune or the Lido. Can't ever manage Pinnacle because despite the fact that we are early-to-bedders, we are also late risers.

As for having wine checked with luggage, I brought a roll of clear packaging tape and extra luggage tags. Total wines packaged our wine in a liquor box so I slapped a luggage tag on it, as well as our soda and water. All were delivered without incident!

What an absolutely delightful review! Thank you so much for posting it--great fun to read. My family is going on a HAL Med cruise in June, and my dear husband is a terrible snorer. It's such an exhausting itinerary that I'm sure my 9-year-old daughter and I would appreciate it if we could enroll him in a "day care" of his own (and I don't think he'd protest!) Hmmm, maybe I can get a snorer's play group started on our roll call.

Encourage him to form a day care! It was really the only few hours of solid sleep I got! But be warned---day care activities tend to enhance snoring when camp lets out for the evening! Enjoy your Med cruise -- that one is high on my list!

Yep, that's me! I really don't remember what she looked like since after I spoke with her about letting us know when they wanted to use their veranda "smoke free" I never saw her again.... just heard the slamming of the door.

Email those pictures to me and I'll be glad to post them for you. :D

Thanks, Barb! I will do so tonight!

St Thomas

Having previously been to St. Thomas last year while on the Eurodam, we didn’t plan an excursion here. We are going again on our December NCL Epic cruise, so we decided a lazy day with lunch and shopping were in order.

We stopped for lunch where we had a year ago enjoyed some great pizza at Amici’s. Then to the pharmacy to get a brace for Mom’s knee at a whopping $3.00! Never fear, she didn’t injure it in Dominica while river tubing; it had just been a dull ache since we stayed at our pre-cruise hotel.

After that, a stop at the stall markets. Insert eyebrow raise here – NEVER AGAIN! I have never been so hot in all of my life! If you want knock off purses, here’s your place. I will say that if you want a Sterling Silver Turtle for your omega necklace, here is ALSO the place!

Finally getting my turtle I had been looking for all cruise, I was ready to go back to the ship. So was Mom! DH stayed in town and kindly brought back all kinds of soda as we had run out in the room. Bless his heart --- I couldn’t hold him to the $1000 he lost on day 1, now, could I?

My thoughts on St. Thomas are this – it’s so commercial it reminds me of Gatlinburg! Next time will definitely been an excursion out of the main shopping area.

Our friends went to St John and while it was their 3rd trip there, they enjoyed it. I wouldn’t mind snorkeling St Thomas as for the second time it was the downtown area for us. I’m ready to venture out!

Next up – Sea Day and Half Moon Cay

Thanks for a great review, we do this in Nov. St. Thomas is always Cousin's for lunch, great, fresh seafood and Imperial Jewelery. Love Cousin's and can not beat the prices in Imperial, such beautiful items.

I highly recommend going to St. John's and Trunk Bay for those novices of snorkeling, it is nice and beautiful.

Thanks for a great review, we do this in Nov. St. Thomas is always Cousin's for lunch, great, fresh seafood and Imperial Jewelery. Love Cousin's and can not beat the prices in Imperial, such beautiful items.

I highly recommend going to St. John's and Trunk Bay for those novices of snorkeling, it is nice and beautiful.

St Johns is on our list for our December cruise. How is the snorkeling there?

Archived