Question - Ray-Barbara

pklopp

Hi Ray - your pics are great! I believe that you used Patouche in Tortola and just have a couple of questions. It is my understanding that the boat anchors offshore and you swim to the Baths - if that is true how far of a swim is it? Also, do you have to do the trail thru the Baths, or is there a beach area while the others are gone? Thanks, Ray, for your help.

Peggy

We went to the Baths in December with Patouche. You do anchor out and swim/snorkel in to the Baths. The swim was not very far. There is a beach area on each side of the rock formations. We swam into one side...went through the Baths...and swam back to the boat from the other side. The people at patouche were great and I'm sure that they will try to accomodate your desire for beach time if possible. It was a great day.

pklopp:

Sorry, I have been on vacation for a week, but I think DKR answered your question. They do have a small boat they can use to take people over to the Baths (if they don't want to swim. And you can walk around from one beach to another (it does mean going up a small grade, but not bad). Patouche is a great company and we loved our trip with them. The food was great as well as the drink, the snorkeling was fabulous and they treated us royally. I loved it when they stopped the motor, put up the sail and then we lazily sailed to the other island. I highly recommend them, plus it is only $90 per person (cruiser rate) verses the normal $100 for the full day tour.

Ray

Archived