Renaissance/Hilton Marina or The Riverside/Embassy Suites

CruisingYiayia

Hi,

We're looking for a hotel after our cruise on April 14th for one night. I will be booking on hotwire, and based on hotwirerevealed, looks like a couple of our choices are Renaissance/Hilton Marina or The Riverside/Embassy Suites. Which would you choose for one night? We are looking for a hotel that would have a nice pool area and give us good restaurant choices within walking distance.

I don't get the Pairing of the hotels:confused: They are different and not in the same areas. Why do you pair them?

Riverside is an older traditional Fl hotel and is right on Las Olas which is filled with great restaurant choices of all styles and prices and boutiques. They also have a nice pool area overlooking the river, so you get to watch the boats/yachts go by. Embassy Suites is a "typical" one. Breakfast included. Mangr. cocktail hour. Directly on 17th St. which also is near restaurants and shopping if you need last min items. Renaissance is a typical R. and again right on 17th St. with Embassy Suites. None of these are on the beach.

Check out recent reviews and info on tripadvisor. All are popular.

Zoe1214, I've stayed at 3 of the four hotels that you mention. As eandj mentioned, they are different and offer different things, depending on what is important to you.

Riverside, as mentioned is on the main drag of Fort Lauderdale. It is an older property than the others but it right dab in the middle of everything on the main street. So many many different restaurant choices and the street is nicely lit up at night.

The other three are your typical chains although I have not been to this particular Renaissance. Of those three, I lean more towards Embassy Suites but that is a personal thing since I really like their made to order breakfasts in the morning and their cocktail hour that is included in the room rate.

I have never done Hotwire but believe it is similar to Priceline which I do use. So if that were my pairing, I personally would go with Riverside/Embassy. Good luck and let us know what you decided on and how it went.

Cathy

We have stayed at 2 of your choices - Renaissance on 17th and Riverside on Los Olas Blvd. Got both on Priceline. Both times at Riverside we were put in older part of hotel, but room was clean and no problem. The elevator for the older part of hotel is tiny!! There are lots of restaurant and shopping all close to Riverside, and some options near Renaissance. Our preference of these 2 is Renaissance. I love Einstein's Bagels, and there is one in walking distance of both hotels.

Archived