Is there an island tour?

jelomu

We are headed to GC in July. All the excursions I've been reading are either snorkeling or stingray related.

Does anyone know if there is anything to see on the island, any tours? Maybe something that combines both?

I'd like to see a bit of the place I'm travelling to, as long as it's safe and interesting :)

If you enjoy the outdoors and learning about the native flora and fauna, consider a private tour of the Mastic Trail with a guide from the National Tust. The trail is at the far end of the island, but for a private tour they will pick you up and drop you off, and getting there and back involves a fair amount of sightseeing. If you do a search you will find some very positive reviews.

We are headed to GC in July. All the excursions I've been reading are either snorkeling or stingray related.

Does anyone know if there is anything to see on the island, any tours? Maybe something that combines both?

I'd like to see a bit of the place I'm travelling to, as long as it's safe and interesting :)

Yes, there are tours of the island available. Most island tours include a sightseeing trip to the Turtle Farm, rum factory, Hell (a little town in Grand Cayman where you can see lots of lava rock and even send out postcards postmarked from Hell!) and 7-mile beach. And if you want, there are even combo tours available that include the island tour with Stingray City.

Yes, there are tours of the island available. Most island tours include a sightseeing trip to the Turtle Farm, rum factory, Hell (a little town in Grand Cayman where you can see lots of lava rock and even send out postcards postmarked from Hell!) and 7-mile beach. And if you want, there are even combo tours available that include the island tour with Stingray City.

No lava rock here. It may be black and jagged, but the island is made entirely of limestone and dolostone derived from shallow water marine sediments of organic origin. If you break the surface of the rock you will find it is white inside.

• 2 weeks later...

Island tours are readily available right at/outside of terminal gates. Island tour, rum factory, hell, turtle farm, etc starting at $15pp.

did one of these in 2010 and it was very informative, casual and in addition to taking in the named spots, did some brief stops at places of interest and dropped people at 7 mile beach or town as they desired afterwards -- Cayman is very safe and very friendly, easy to get around and the locals know how to drive according to local custom!

A couple of suggestions to check out:

Tours Cayman offers various options, stingray sandbar etc., or island tours which "include a visit to the world’s largest Turtle Farm, Hell and Seven Mile Beach" - on the "west" side of the island . http://www.tourscayman.net/Cruis-Ship-Guest.html

Cayman Safari Adventures offers island tours for small groups (minimum 2 persons) that are fully narrated. Their tours typically go to the picturesque and historic eastern districts but they can also do tours on the "west" side of the island. http://www.caymansafari.com/

Archived