I want to take advantage of Friends and Family deal!

Sinusoid

My boyfriend and I booked the May 26th Pride cruise a few weeks ago, right before the famous "letter" went out to travel agents about past guests getting a huge discount and free upgrades. We were too late to book Early Saver, and the cheapest fare was under a rate code I didn't recognize and don't remember. Something like "Sail the Seas of Value" or who knows what. We booked directly through Carnival's site without talking to a single soul.

I'm using FareViewer and I've done mock bookings, and the lowest balcony rates available now are the same as what we paid, but the Friends and Family Past Guest fare option currently includes "best available upgrades". We chose an obstructed balcony (7A) that appears to have a decent location and a narrow sea view between two life boats.

If I call a Carnival rep, or use the online e-mail feature, would that put us in line for "best available upgrades" that weren't part of the package we originally purchased? Or may they throw us a bone in the form of onboard credit? Or am I just being greedy, since we already got an awesome deal?

And since I'm regretting not being able to get upgrades or OBC, should we book Early Saver next time? How far out? Is it a better deal to book on the ship during a vacation? Should we use a PVP instead of doing it ourselves?

Thanks everyone for your help!

:eek:

Just called and got upgraded to a hump balcony, 8198. It's right below the Lido restaurant, in an area with tables, so hopefully it won't be chair-dragging noises. Whatever. I wear earplugs to sleep.

Thank you guys for recommending what should have been an obvious course of action! I can't believe it worked!!!

Archived