Playa Mia in Cozumel

morrison

Has anyone been to Playa Mia recently? My friends and I (50's plus all women) will be arriving in Cozumel on RCCL in May. This place was recommended to us but I think the visitors were there a long time ago. I viewed their website and contacted them about costs. They recommend that I book through the cruise line. Can't we just pay at the door? How are the amenities (chairs, restrooms etc)? The excursion only covers admission and open bar. We know we must taxi there. Would Paradise Beach be a better option.

My daughter and myself went to Playa Mia. It was o.k, kinda crowded and were large boulder like things in the swimming area. It did the job, but I am not planning on going back. Next trip we are going to try Mr. Sancho's..Everyone seems to like it. We paid at the gate when we went, sorry don't remember how much it was...Long as weather is nice and a drink in your hand, alcohol or not, it'll be fine! lol

My wife and I had dinner with a friend last week, and she owns a house in Cozumel. She goes down there twice a year for a week at a time, and she said that Playa Mia is her favorite beach to go to. We're going to try it in August.

Our family has been to Playa Mia 3 times in the past. We are planning on going back in May from the Allure. It looks like the prices have gone up quite a bit when booking through the cruise. To get a meal included now costs $85pp. We are very comfortable getting there in a taxi which is quite easy. I know you can pay at the door, but..

I am wondering if they ever close the beach because they are full or a cruise line has sold them out. I would hate to miss out if we do not book ahead of time. The website does not give options for booking outside of the cruise.

Anyone ever been closed out of Playa Mia???

Archived