NCL Breakaway Wedding Sailing 11/03/13 NYC

Tkd021

Ok, i haven't crafted my review yet, but here are a couple of pictures. Some of the flowers in the room, the ceremony in the conference room with the Breakaway banner as a backdrop to hide nasty curtains. And then lastly some of us on the steps and on the island where we picked our own flowers haha. As you can see, we kept it casual and simple. [ATTACH]275324[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275325[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275326[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275327[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275328[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275335[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275336[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275337[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275338[/ATTACH]

Awwwwwwwww......so adorable.

Love the pics, thanks for the share.

Where were your outdoor photos taken?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Awwwwwwwww......so adorable.

Love the pics, thanks for the share.

Where were your outdoor photos taken?

Lipz, we took the pictures at Warwick Long Bay. Its the quiet beach next to Horseshoe Bay.

Lipz, we took the pictures at Warwick Long Bay. Its the quiet beach next to Horseshoe Bay.

Nice!

We rode by Warwick Beach a few times while on the public bus. We didn't stop there but we did spend a few hours at Horseshoe Bay Beach. We're going back to Bermuda next June. We are looking for a difference beach to visit when we do. I wonder if Warwick had restrooms and a concession stand?!?! Those are a must.

We had dinner in one of the specialty restaurants.

I'd very much like to discuss this in greater detail. How was ths arranged? How large was your group? We're you seated together and at same time? Was your menu the normal specialty restaurant menu? Which restaurant?

I'm interested in hearing more about anyone's experience with the specialty restaurant and a large group seating. Also, did anyone in this thread use the ship photographer for a wedding photo package? Did anyone bring a outside photographer on board?

I'd very much like to discuss this in greater detail. How was ths arranged? How large was your group? We're you seated together and at same time? Was your menu the normal specialty restaurant menu? Which restaurant?

We arranged with Breakaway Group Events. We had 25 guests. All seated in one area but it was little tables of 4 and 5 per table. Menu was not the usual menu. They sent me the menu ahead of time. La Cucina was the restaurant of choice. We could go ahead of time to set up tables. The staff sang for us when they presented the wedding cake. It was nice. I don't see this too possible with a large group though.

I'm interested in hearing more about anyone's experience with the specialty restaurant and a large group seating. Also, did anyone in this thread use the ship photographer for a wedding photo package? Did anyone bring a outside photographer on board?

We used the ships photographer and I handed my own SLR camera to a guest. Carly did the photography and she did a great job. In my signature I have a link to my review with her photos.

They sent me the menu ahead of time.

This is what I'm looking (anyone else, please chime in) to get clarity about. Before booking our group, group events advised us that would could hold the dinner in a specialty restaurant. No mention was made of a different menu. We're a bit put off by this, especially as they charge the same per person cost, and the mini-menu seems to be significantly different than the normal menu (at least for the steak house).

Has anyone been successful in keeping the 'normal menu' available for a group seating?

• 2 months later...

Saltbox2013, I love your beach photos? May I ask who was the photographer who took them? Also, if a bride want to take professional photos on shore at one of the beaches at the port of calls, can we request for a ship photographer to come with us? If so, how much do they charge? How much does it cost to buy the DVD of all images? Can additional time be booked for the photographer to follow us from the ceremony, to the reception, to private dinner, to evening cocktails? Or is this not possible? And what about videography? Do they provide this service? If so, can the videography include the whole wedding process from getting ready/dress to the dinner time?

Also, do you know if we are allow to bring our own professional photographers on-board?

Sorry for all the questions, these questions are also open for all to answer if you know the answers. Photography and videography of the wedding is super important to me as I am a professional photography so I want my wedding photos to come out beautifully. This is the biggest problem and concern I have. I am deciding between Carnival, Norwegian, and Princess cruise lines on the bases of these factors in addition to their wedding packages. Any feed back will be appreciated. I am currently lending towards Norwegian because I love the New ship. But Carnival has great photography, and princess has a beautiful wedding chapel. What's everyone's thoughts on this? Which cruise line is the best choice for a wedding???

Iceling, hmmm well it all depends on what you are going to do. On Norwegian you hire the photographer for their time so if you want them to follow you about, they will. You pay per hour. I didn't have mine follow me around too much, She did offer and popped in at the cocktails reception for a little bit to take a few extra. Carley is her name and she is the bomb! She shot weddings since she was a teen and it is clear that she has a passion for it. Since we are such chill brides and didn't give her much of a shot list or directions, she just got creative and did her thing! The rate was something like $100 per hour. The USB drive of images was like $475 or something. I bought a bunch of prints and frames so my total for everything was a grand. I think it was a very fair price. It all depends on how many photos they took to come up with a price for the USB. I had about 200 pictures. Printing pictures onboard is kind of high but that is where the money is made. Lol. I didn't use any video services but they do offer that. I don't see why you would not be able to ask a photographer to go in the beach with you. I mean it is more money for them to make so just ask. I am not sure if they would allow for your own photographer. Maybe if your photographer is also sailing with you, they may not be bothered. I think it becomes tricky when the photographer is just coming onboard to do business and then leave. How is NCL going to get their cut? Soooo if he is a guest, he paid to go onboard as a passenger and passengers can bring cameras. All my dang guests had cameras and took photos. Lol. My uncle shot the video and they had no problem with him doing so. All my guests wee passengers and my event was a vow renewal at sea so it was handled more casually. I like the Breakaway and Bermuda is very pretty for photos. I have no experience with Carnival or Princess. I like modern ships so I personally love me some NCL! They don't have a chapel though. I would call NCL's wedding planners and ask. Royal Ocean Events do their wedding stuff so call them. I think they also do Carnival and Princess' weddings, so you can ask about all your ships! . Good Luck!! ImageUploadedByForums1377695808.346352.jpg.4e4d3cd571d3f94e21ac1abc996ebded.jpg

USB drive.

ImageUploadedByForums1377695842.312299.jpg.225a5b7b744334cecafcc08d9a556e18.jpg

One of the products I bought at the photo store.

• 2 months later...

TKD021, Just wishing you some good luck. Can't wait to see pics and read your review. I'm patiently waiting for the early 2016 itinerary to come out . We are leaning towards the Breakaway if the itinerary is right. Best of luck.

:) Crystal

• 1 month later...