Review w/ pics Carnival Valor 03/17/13 - 03/24/13

Lyncoya

I love this review! The photos are amazing. To me it sounds like you guys did just what you wanted to do and had a relaxed nice cruise! Thanks for sharing.

You're right. That's exactly what we did. And thanks so much. :)

Is this the only staircase, or are there more to get to this level and another one above? I am planning to visit here and dont think my elderly Mom could handle more than this (if she can handle even this!!)

There are more staircases within the fort, but this is the only one that you HAVE to climb. This is also the worse one by far. The other ones are easy.

Great review thanks for posting!

Thanks, and you're welcome. :)

Great Review, We are going on this same cruise in 5 weeks. I am really looking forward to it. Looks like you guys had so much fun !! Thanks so much...

We had a blast. It was a really good week. Thanks. :)

Thanks for the review, your photos are great!! We did the Victory on this itinerary last February, and I loved it. Only bad thing was, getting to San Juan was a PITA. We flew out of Cleveland. Bad weather leaving and bad weather to come back to.

The cabin you had was wonderful! Love that view! I was wondering, which ships have this type of cabin, and then how many cabins like this are there per ship? Is it more expensive than a balcony?

I forgot to answer this question. The cost of our cabin was almost identical to the price of the balcony. Towards the end, I was actually thinking of switching to a balcony. I'm glad I didn't. I guess we're not balcony people. I loved the Scenic OV room. I believe there was a total of 6 regular rooms (not suites) like this on the Valor.

Edited by Lyncoya

We have done Carnival Southern Carbbean 2 times, both from San Juan but different itineraries. 10 years ago on the Destiny, and, October 2012, on the Victory! Loved them both. Love your pictures and can't wait for more! I think St Marteen was one of our favorite days! Taxi to Orient Beach with new friends we met on the ship, and, then taxi to Sunset beach bar! Eating good food, drinking cold beer, and watching the planes land!! AND I love San Juan! Spent 2 days pre cruise this time in Old San Juan. And 4 nights post cruise in Isla Verda! Rainforest trip and kayaking the bioluminescent bay! So many memories!!

I would LOVE to do the bioluminescent excursion. But yes, I'd have to agree St Maarten is my favorite port as well. We went to Maho Beach last time we were there. Unfortunately, we didn't see any large planes though. We got there too early. Orient Beach is breath taking, it really is. Good food, cold drinks, and great company. It was a PERFECT day.

I forgot to answer this question. The cost of our cabin was almost identical to the price of the balcony. Towards the end, I was actually thinking of switching to a balcony. I'm glad I didn't. I guess we're not balcony people. I loved the Scenic OV room.

ok thanks, you wouldn't happen to know how many of these rooms there are to each ship, would you? Anyone else? I think I would enjoy this and will look into it for a future cruise (if the ship has this type of cabin)

All I can say is WOW. Great review and I love the pictures. Doing this cruise in a little over 10 weeks and I CAN'T WAIT. I am so glad that you and GAPearl did this cruise so I could see what great stuff to do. THANKS:D

ok thanks, you wouldn't happen to know how many of these rooms there are to each ship, would you? Anyone else? I would enjoy this and will look into it for a future cruise (if the ship has this type of cabin)

There are 4 rooms like the one I had and two larger rooms. So, there's a total of 6 rooms I believe. I would have LOVED to have either room 9200 or 9201. DO a search on these boards and you will see some great pics of these rooms.

All I can say is WOW. Great review and I love the pictures. Doing this cruise in a little over 10 weeks and I CAN'T WAIT. I am so glad that you and GAPearl did this cruise so I could see what great stuff to do. THANKS:D

GAPearl is the cruise review Queen!! But thanks to much for the compliment. Planning for this cruise can be a little overwhelming and all of the reviews I read prior to going really helped me figure out what to do.

I hope you have a blast!!! :D

I love this review It just made me even more excited for my May cruise (if that's possible). And I NEED one of those cups from the gift shop. Thanks for posting!

The cups are so pretty, huh?? I HAD to have the red one. I made my husband get the silver one so that we wouldn't have two of the same. I love them though. So much bling!! lol

Thanks for the review! I can't wait to read more. Did y'all ever make it to the piano bar or club? If so, how was it? Also, I've been going back and forth over transportation once we get to San Juan. Carnival is $12 pp both ways which is $48 not including tips and the taxis in San Juan are $19 plus $1 per bag. I know I'll have 2 suitcases for sure but do you know if they charge for backpacks? Just based on having 2 suitcases I'm looking at $42 not including tips. They're really both about the same as far as price but I wouldn't have to wait for the Carnival bus to fill up which is a PITA. I love your cabin by the way. I have an aft wrap on the Valor in August and I cannot wait!

Hi Shante - go for the taxi - don't wait for the bus. We are taking the taxi as a group of 10, and just hoping it will not be a problem getting a large enough van/taxi. Others on this board said it should not be a problem. Mitch.....

I called Customer Service to see if the Valor offered the FTTF program and unfortunately they don't. I then asked him what time can we start boarding.... he said about 3 hours prior to boarding (around 7PM). I found that extremely strange.... is that true?

I called Customer Service to see if the Valor offered the FTTF program and unfortunately they don't. I then asked him what time can we start boarding.... he said about 3 hours prior to boarding (around 7PM). I found that extremely strange.... is that true?

Certainly not true. We boarded at around 4 which was really late.

We are planning to take The Valor in July. I see where Carnival starts another 7 night cruise from Barbados while we will still be on the ship, one of our ports for the port days. Is this something new? Or do they do this if ship has not sold out from original departure city of San Juan? At least the Carnival website was listing like this earlier this evening. Any one know why Carnival would do this?

Thanks for the review and pictures. I am going on this cruise on Mother's Day and cannot wait. I am really looking forward to St.Lucia. We booked the Land and Sea tour with Spencer Ambrose.

The scenic ocean view looks wonderful. I would have booked one but we never booked a balcony before, so we decided on an ocean suite. Next time, I will try the scenic ocean view.

We are planning to take The Valor in July. I see where Carnival starts another 7 night cruise from Barbados while we will still be on the ship, one of our ports for the port days. Is this something new? Or do they do this if ship has not sold out from original departure city of San Juan? At least the Carnival website was listing like this earlier this evening. Any one know why Carnival would do this?

I thought they did the Barbados thing on all cruises leaving from San Juan. They did it on ours and they did it when we were on the Victory 2 years ago.