Creig manager on Dream

Help anyone.

Just returned from the dream and they take your bottles away and give them back on last night.

They run out of Pinot Wine on our 3rd day of our 14 day cruise, so I got 3 bottles in the port and took them to my cabin, I went up to deck 10 smoking deck and asked for a bucket of ice and 2 glasses, the waitress said that I should pay corkage of £8 but as they didn't have any bottles of Pinot she allowed us to drink them.

All of a sudden 2 glasses of Pinot was ordered by friends we met on board so they did have bottles but only sold it by the glass!

I said to the waitress how do you get the glasses if you got no bottles, as bottles are on the drinks menu, She replied I am sorry sir but she has been told to only sell glasses of wine not bottles.

The 2nd week I got 3 bottles at the port agin and they were taken off me and put in storage until last night to pack in my case, who wants to take Pinot home when we can buy it cheaper in sain....s 3 for £12.

I had 1 on Sunday morning and gave the other 2 to the bar staff who really appreciated it.

A man called Creig who was suppose to be a top man from thomson management spoke to me and he said what's on the menu they should sell it to you, and was going to look into why are they selling glasses and not bottles.

If anybody on this forum knows this man Creig I would like his Surname.

:mad:

Help anyone.

Just returned from the dream and they take your bottles away and give them back on last night.

They run out of Pinot Wine on our 3rd day of our 14 day cruise, so I got 3 bottles in the port and took them to my cabin, I went up to deck 10 smoking deck and asked for a bucket of ice and 2 glasses, the waitress said that I should pay corkage of £8 but as they didn't have any bottles of Pinot she allowed us to drink them.

All of a sudden 2 glasses of Pinot was ordered by friends we met on board so they did have bottles but only sold it by the glass!

I said to the waitress how do you get the glasses if you got no bottles, as bottles are on the drinks menu, She replied I am sorry sir but she has been told to only sell glasses of wine not bottles.

The 2nd week I got 3 bottles at the port agin and they were taken off me and put in storage until last night to pack in my case, who wants to take Pinot home when we can buy it cheaper in sain....s 3 for £12.

I had 1 on Sunday morning and gave the other 2 to the bar staff who really appreciated it.

A man called Creig who was suppose to be a top man from thomson management spoke to me and he said what's on the menu they should sell it to you, and was going to look into why are they selling glasses and not bottles.

If anybody on this forum knows this man Creig I would like his Surname.

:mad:

Hi Grab,

If you'd like for our After Travel team to take a look into this, feel free to contact them online here - http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/send-us-an-email-postTravel.html. Craig's surname is Freeman if it helps.

Thanks,

Lauren

Hi Grab,

If you'd like for our After Travel team to take a look into this, feel free to contact them online here - http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/send-us-an-email-postTravel.html. Craig's surname is Freeman if it helps.

Thanks,

Lauren

Thanks Lauren,

He was going to look into this and see me after breakfast, we looked for him but he vanished. Prob went into hiding, He seemed to be a nice man but after him not speaking to me about our problems I am very disappointed.

Bob

Something similar but not quite the same happened with us, but the other way round. At our first Gala night we ordered a glass of red for me and a glass of white for my husband and were told we had to have a bottle, so I gave in and we had a bottle of white. Glasses were on the menu. On our second Gala night we were at a different table, and ordered the 2 glasses and got them. My husband thinks we may have ordered with the meal the second time around but with the wine waiter the first time. If both glasses and bottles are on the menu, I too would say that both should be available to you. I must say though that the wine served in Orion was by far the best wine we had on board, much better than that served in Argo. Is there any way of knowing what you are getting in your glasses?

That's interesting. Through talking to some of the crew on the Majesty last year, we discovered that part of the waiters' appraisal was based upon how much they sell, as well as other factors such as the customer questionnaires. I think they are under pressure to meet targets in sales and excellent scores in our feedback. That is in our interests, of course, that Thomson are monitoring the service we receive very carefully but it could be responsible for some of the strange goings on with wine. The house wine they serve to AI customers by the glass will cost less than a better bottle of wine. Perhaps a target that week was to shift some of the more expensive wines?

Stock control must also be a factor here. From numerous comments on here it seems that the Dream has had issues with this recently.

• 10 months later...
Hi Grab,

Thanks,

Lauren

Well let's hope I bump into this man in 3 weeks time as am doing 2 weeks again on The Dream :eek:

This reads as though it was on the last day.

Craig will have been on issues with disembarkation etc and not hiding. Turnaround day in port is chaotic for the ship management.( supplies,repairs,crew/staff changes,new passengers getting on etc ) If he had seen you I am sure he will have told you. I am equally sure he will have followed it up on board even though you did not get a reply before you disembarked.

What was said when you wrote to After Travel ?

I suppose it is all a touch irrelevant now as the policy is now as it was previously unless it has changed in the last few days.

This reads as though it was on the last day.

Craig will have been on issues with disembarkation etc and not hiding. Turnaround day in port is chaotic for the ship management.( supplies,repairs,crew/staff changes,new passengers getting on etc ) If he had seen you I am sure he will have told you. I am equally sure he will have followed it up on board even though you did not get a reply before you disembarked.

What was said when you wrote to After Travel ?

I suppose it is all a touch irrelevant now as the policy is now as it was previously unless it has changed in the last few days.

They replied saying that they are still upgrading cabins and sorry to hear of your bad experience, we do hope that you will travel with Thomsons again :eek: