Anyone Swim with Dolphins in Cozumel?

sharih

Again, I don't want to bad mouth the dolphin swim, but I just want people to have the right expectations going in.

You're in a group of about 8 people. It's completely structured. You wait your turn the different tricks. So your 30 minutes are split between 8 people.

And it's not like you can say, "wow! I loved the dolphin push! I want to do that again!"

One thing I didn't mention, at the end you get 'free time' with the dolphins, but I would have traded this for more tricks. Basically your group swims out into a circle and the dolphins swim in circles so you can touch them as they go by.

Did you book this through the Valor or did you go on your own?

Cozumelinsider.com or dolphindiscovery.com to see if swims are available. Booking on your own-- you stand a better chance of getting the date and time you want.

Gator- did you buy photos? If me and my man did this do you think they would take one photo of both of us together with a dolphin instead of two individual photos??

Booking: I booked on my own. I booked maybe 3 months in advance thru http://dolphindiscovery.com.

No problems here. We just took a cab as soon as we docked to Chankanaab Park. We wandered around the park (beautiful park) and snorkeled (ok snorkeling) and watched the sea lion show ($5, barely worth it- fun, good for kids, but not great).

Photos: Alas, I did buy photos and the video (I needed the material for my movie!). As far as taking a photo together, I would certainly ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is no. The reason I say that is you have to be very specific in your movements and the way you touch the dolphin (they'll teach you) and the dolphin may not pose. But who knows.

Archived