First Time RSSC-er

Hi All -

Although not new to cruising, I'm new to Radisson. After my last sailing on the QM2, many guests recommended taking a cruise on RSSC, so I booked the Chocolate Spotlight Cruise this December.

Let me tell you a little about my personality.... I'm not a huge drinker, in now way shape or form am I a partier and like to take a cruise to relax and unwind in a quiet, unrushed atmosphere. I love food and like to be pampered when I travel. Which is why I think RSSC would be a good fit! Please let me know if I'm wrong here!

Having never sailed on a smaller ship like the Voyager, leads me to ask... is it roomy? Do places get overcrowded? And how is the ship's motion.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds to me RSSC is just right for you. The food on the Voyager is marvelous. The space to passenger ratio is very high so you'll have lots of public space to enjoy without feeling crowded and your standard cabin will be huge--376 sq. ft. including balcony. There is enough space on board to satisfy both the party types and those we want quiet relaxation. And the staff to passenger ratio is one of the lowest in the cruise business so you really get pampered. The first time we boarded Voyager we unpacked and headed up to the spacious Observation Lounge for a drink. I ordered a manhattan. After dinner that evening, we returned to the Observation Lounge. As I walked in the bartender looked at me and asked "Will that be a manhattan, sir?" Do you think you could get used to that?

I have been reading quite a bit about vibrations on this ship. I booked a Seven Seas Aft Suite on deck 9 despite the reviews because I love that wraparound deck and the wall of windows. Does anyone know if the vibration issue has been corrected?

Now, about that Manhattan......

From everything I have read, I believe it is still there. Worse on the port side. We had an aft corner starboard cabin on deck 8 last June. The vibration was there but it didn't bother us at all. I noticed it only when the subject was mentioned. We'd book that cabin again in a minute. It's deck is larger than the standard aft decks but of course not as large as the corner suites on deck 9.

Archived