To Cheers or not to Cheers...that is the????

Ms. T

We went back and forth and finally decided Not. We ordered 2 bottles from bon voyage and will carry on the mixers. We'll still have a beers and DOD around the pool, but not enough to justify the cost, tax and tip.

Just wondering how the buy your own bottle from bon voyage works. Do they allow you to have the bottle in your cabin?

Just returned from 6 days on the Breeze and I purchased the Cheers program. As I continue to age I don't drink as much and not everyday, but I still found the Cheers program to be beneficial. I had 33 drinks over the 6 day period and even with adding another $1 tip from time to time, the program was cheaper than buying drinks separately. Plus, I knew what to expect on my account at the end of the cruise. It was fun to try a few new drinks that I may have tried without the program.

FYI - the Breeze is a beautiful ship.

Happy sailing everyone.

Do they allow you to have the bottle in your cabin?

Yes. It will be waiting for you when you get to your room except in certain ports (Galveston?).

That was us last cruise. We had ordered some bottles from Bon Voyage, but we never felt like walking all the way back to our room to make a drink. We didn't even come close to half way finishing the bottle.

Hello! We opted to not purchase the Cheers program on our upcoming Valor cruise, for a couple of reasons. One being that there is only one day at sea, and the other being that I didnt ever want to be too hungover/tired to get out of bed in time for our port plans :) The cost factored in also, as it would be $600 ish for us.

We did pay $139 for two bottles from Bon Voyage, (Absolut Citron & 1800 Tequila) and will take on two bottles of cheapie bubbly for mimosas. We will also each take 2 12-packs of water and our mixers (lime juice). I have packed Crystal Light packets to use also.

My strategy for beating the above is to have my vodka/crystal lt lemonade pre-mixed into some of my waterbottles that will go in my little beach/pool bag for by the pool! :)

We dont drink while eating usually, but I have budgeted another $300 for liquor for random drinks here and there with meals or DOD's, whatever.

My DH & I got the Cheers program on our January Breeze cruise (which was 8-nights so approx $800 for the both of us). My advice: If you would typically spend the amount you'd pay for the package for both people on drinks, it's "worth it". It's nice to have the drink package and never think twice about the cost of each drink adding up. I don't think it "saved" us any money, but it afforded us the ability to try new drinks (at least for me) and know that it was already pre-paid.

My wife and I have used the drink package on a Celebrity Cruise before. This will be our first shot at it with Carnival. It is nice not to worry about how much you are spending. Plus, it gives us a chance to mix it up and drink some top shelf things we wouldn't drink in a normal night out at home.

Celebrity allows you to have anything under $12, and I don't think we had a glass of wine under $11.50 the whole trip. Also, they have a special coctail bar where everything is $12.00 that we spent way more time at than we would have with no drink package. That is probably the part of the ship we talk about the most a year later.

The Dream has a smiliar bar where just about everything is close to $10.00. We'll certainly live it up. And, I won't have to try to order inexpensive drinks to make up for my wife's wine habbit the whole trip.

Will be well worth the money for us.

We are definitely going to try it on the Dream in June. My trip will be less stressful if im not constantly adding up my drinks and following hubby to see how much he spends/drinks. Plus i always want to try different drinks at home but he wont let me because i am picky and its a waste of money.. now i can try it and both of us will be happy!!

We are going to try it simply because then I won't always be counting pennies and harping at my husband about spending too much money. I think it will make my cruise must less stressful and his much better too! In the end, it may cost us more but the price of my not bitching --- priceless!

Ditto! It takes the worry away from me. That is the biggest benefit to me!

I purchased the Cheers program on my last Conquest cruise and def got my moneys worth out of it. I wont be purchasing it on my next couple since the cruises are pretty port intensive but will def be purchasing it again in November. I like not having to worry about how much my bill will be at the end of it all! :eek:

Just used it on our Dream cruise in early April...

Well, well worth it for my Wife and I. Especially because it included all non-alcoholic drinks for my kids even the frozen ones. They did not count towards the 15 drink limit.

Average day just for me for example...

One or two frozen alcoholic drinks in the early aft. - $8 each

Bottle or 2 of Stella or Heineken - $5 each

2-3 glasses of $9.50 wine at dinner (Hess Select:D)

2 Grey Goose martini's in the evening - $9.95 each

Maybe a late beer on the balcony, Crown and Cola or something...

Never reached the 15 limit, never was "drunk" and I EASILY saved money...not even including the Sodas, Shirley Temples, Non-Alcoholic Pina's and Daquiri's I ordered for the kids.

For those of you that went on an 8 day cruise were you able to buy the package on day one? I thought I read another post that said they had to wait until day two to buy the package on their 8 day cruise.

Also, drink of the day is included, right? In the info someone posted it said excluding Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses. Isn't the drink of the day promoted in a souvenir glass?

Also, drink of the day is included, right? In the info someone posted it said excluding Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses. Isn't the drink of the day promoted in a souvenir glass?

On our Dream cruise in April we did get complimentary DoD but not in a souvenir glass. We actually purchased cheers first and at the end of the week I noticed the $6 credits on our SS account.

For those of you that went on an 8 day cruise were you able to buy the package on day one? I thought I read another post that said they had to wait until day two to buy the package on their 8 day cruise.

Would like to know this as well??...We are currently planning an 8 day Breeze cruise for February

• 1 month later...

So if you do the cheers program anyone can use your card like there will be four people in our stateroom so does that mean if we only buy one card we can all use it? And is it one flat price? We are only going on a six night cruise.

So if you do the cheers program anyone can use your card like there will be four people in our stateroom so does that mean if we only buy one card we can all use it? And is it one flat price? We are only going on a six night cruise.

No... You're not supposed to be buying drinks for other people with your cheers card... It's supposed to be only for you - people just like getting the most bang for their buck and not care about rules and such... to each their own...

Everyone 21 and over in the stateroom must EACH buy the Cheers program if they would like to participate... It can't be just one person if there is another adult in the room.

Archived