Best ever bad English translation from MSC

kcb203

Tonight on Fantasia, the buffet had "Hound" available. As the owner of two hound dogs (an Ibizan and a whippet) I had no interest in eating dog. Out of curiosity, I looked at the Italian word for the same dish. It was Palombo. A quick look at Google translate informed me that Palombo is the Italian word for dogfish.

LOL>>> I still love the "Sacramento Tex-Mex" restaurant....hello Sacramento is in California, the capital city ...haha

I also wonder about the Maya/Inca theme on the beautiful new Divina

the 2 have nothing in common

Inca's were known for human sacrifice...surely that is a fun theme for a cruise?? LOL

I imagine some well dressed Italian sipping expresso and translating and thinking up this stuff off the top of his or her well coifed head haha

Oh and I forgot...they have a "Sante Fe" Tex MEX restaurant on another ship...Sante Fe of course is NOT in Texas or Mexico LOL

I have heard lots of those in USA make the mistake of thinking New Mexico is part of Mexico not US..so I guess we can give our Italian friends a pass on that one haha

What next on upcoming MSC ships?? Maybe a New Orleans style restaurant named "Chicago"...or a tropical South Beach Bar called "Buffalo"?? Please get these guys a MAP

There was goat one night at dinner that turned out to be lamb......there are so many where you just look at the translation and haven't got a clue and resort to checking the Italian, French or Spanish versions. The translations tend to be more cryptic on the repo cruises that on the regular round trip ones. It all had to the fun, surprise and suspension!

There was goat one night at dinner that turned out to be lamb......there are so many where you just look at the translation and haven't got a clue and resort to checking the Italian, French or Spanish versions. The translations tend to be more cryptic on the repo cruises that on the regular round trip ones. It all had to the fun, surprise and suspension!

This can also be a translation from Indonesian because in Indonesia goat and sheep is the same, there is no different word in Indonesian. But it is still funny.

Archived