Quick Latitudes question

dter

I'm sailing on Dawn (Bahamas) on August 21st, however I intend to book another NCL cruise (Dawn, Eastern Carribean, April 26th) within the next couple of weeks. My question is, would I qualify for any of the Latitudes perks for the April 26th cruise if I'm not a Latitudes member at the time of booking (I assume I won't be one until after I've sailed on August 21st)?

From what I understand (though we've never done it, we're last minute kind of people) if you book a cruise while on a cruise, the biggest benefit you receive is an on-board credit, depending on the length of your cruise. You are also able to transfer your booking to your TA of choice...

I'm sailing on Dawn (Bahamas) on August 21st, however I intend to book another NCL cruise (Dawn, Eastern Carribean, April 26th) within the next couple of weeks. My question is, would I qualify for any of the Latitudes perks for the April 26th cruise if I'm not a Latitudes member at the time of booking (I assume I won't be one until after I've sailed on August 21st)?

Check your on-line registration for your 8/21 cruise. From what I understand, with the new system, your first cruise will already have a latitudes number assigned to it. You can then use your latitudes number for your next booking (4/26).

If you didn't do your on-line registration, do it first and then check for the Latitudes number.

Don't count on having your Latitudes membership kit by January. We sailed last August (already Latitude members at the time) and last month I received another "Welcome to Latitudes" kit. Not bad, only 10 months after the cruise. Guess I'll get one everytime I sail! When we sailed our first NCL cruise in 2002, we received our Latitudes kit about 6 months after we sailed.

BASKETBALLMOM: Check your two Lattitudes numbers (the one you got originally, and the one that was sent after your last cruise). I'll bet you have two different numbers. That happened to us. I called the Lattitudes desk and had the second number cancelled and now we are good to go with the original number. (does this make sense?) Anywho .... it's all good

~Dianne

Hold off booking -- it is impossible for a late April '06 sailing to start filling up by August -- while on your August cruise you will have opportunity to book future cruise -- with generous incentives - either in rate or in on-board credits. Then, in addition to having your Latitudes number (which really does not give you that much) you will get the benefits of an on-board sign-up. If you do not think the benefits are that great, you will have plenty of time - and remaining cabin choices- to book in September or later. In recent years, few sailings have sold out much earlier than one month prior to sailing -- prices usually slide a bit in the last two months -- booking ten months in advance does little except guarantee that you will pay a higher price.

Archived