What Clothing Women to Pack for Paris in August?

swdke

Okay, I have a question that I am being asked to post by the women traveling with me. They want to know what clothes they should bring, everything from top down to shoes. I think they understand that the weather can be sunny, cloudy, warm, cool, rainy, or dry, and to pack accordingly. I think they're more interested in the style of women's clothing. They want to be comfortable, but want to fit in with what what everyone else is wearing too.

Thanks for helping and sharing your thoughts. :-)

Dark preferably black cottton skirts, capri pants, slacks with either black cotton tops 3/4 or short sleeves, sweater sets, comfortble walking sandals...black. no shorts, jeans or light printed capri pants...a NO NO merci!Add some white and cream and you are all set! For dinners out a nice simple black dress and heels.

When we were in France in August/early September, Paris was a sea of blue jeans...darker in color of course, but none the less, blue jeans abound! In fact, the GAP on the Champs Elysees was very crowded with people buying :eek: "JEANS"! If you bring them and wear them, you won't stand out by any means!

Have a great trip...and I agree with the other clothing assessments!

June

We've been in Paris in August when it was sweltering, oppressively hot. And we've been in Paris in August when there were torrential rains.

The bottom line - wear whatever you're comfortable in. You'll see all kinds of style and lack thereof.

And in August, most Parisians will be out of town anyway.

I would say they could take whatever they wear here,and are comfortable in.Color's are in in Europe just like here as well as jeans.Shoe's for comfortable walking as well as a pair for dressing up.I think the idea of only wearing black or tan is just an american packing thing to make it easier to bring fewer clothes.When I was in Italy last year bright orang and pruple were the big color's.Go and enjoy in their own clothe's.

Archived