Embarkation in Marseille

Thebox

So little information available! We'll be on the Legend of the Seas next month embarking in Marseille. Called RCCL to learn the Pier number (and from the port site it seems there are a number of options.) They don't know. Suggested I call the RCCL division that organizes pre-cruise hotels for that info. I did - and they don't know either (since Marseille isn't the primary embarkation port, they don't organize hotels in this city.)

While I believe it's a new option (embarking from a number of ports during a cruise) - I'm surprised this info isn't available. Anyone embarking here have any info to share? Thanks!

So little information available! We'll be on the Legend of the Seas next month embarking in Marseille. Called RCCL to learn the Pier number (and from the port site it seems there are a number of options.) They don't know. Suggested I call the RCCL division that organizes pre-cruise hotels for that info. I did - and they don't know either (since Marseille isn't the primary embarkation port, they don't organize hotels in this city.)

While I believe it's a new option (embarking from a number of ports during a cruise) - I'm surprised this info isn't available. Anyone embarking here have any info to share? Thanks!

Hi there

Never cruised from Marsielle but have done a RCCL interport cruise we found that RCCL

are lacking in the information department

but I found this which may be of help to you http://www.marseille-port.fr/v_anglaise/port_of_marseille_cruise_news/index_newsletter.html

there is a contact number for a US representative at the bottom of the page, hope they can help

Damon

Thanks Damon! I'll call and post what I learn. Also, hoping to provide info for future cruisers out of Marseille, I did hear from the hotel reservation people at RCCL (who followed through with their promise to investigate where the ship is docked.) Here's the port address:

"Port Autonome de Marseille, Porte 4 - Quai 162 et 163, 13002

Distance to town 4 miles - shuttle bus required"

I've asked them if they know where in town the shuttle drops passengers off who are already on the cruise. Maybe I can purchase a ride back to the ship with them to check in.

hi The box

I will taking legand of the sea on 29june, leaving from Rome and will stop one day at marseille port on 1july.

As I need to arrange local tour pick me at the marseille port. I also called RC staff but they said they won't tell me until last minutes.

do you mean the port address legand if the sea will stop as below?

"Port Autonome de Marseille, Porte 4 - Quai 162 et 163, 13002

do you know it's old port or new port or there is only one port at Marseille., thanks so much

Yan

Archived