What to do after disembark at Whittier, before Major Marine tour at 12?

snofy

We're arriving at Whittier on Jun 24 and planning to do the Surprise Glacier Tour with Major Marine at 12.15pm. When's the latest we could disembark? Do we get breakfast before disembark? Are there anything we could do before the cruise? Should we get our rental car before or after the cruise?

Thanks!

Yes, you will be able to eat breakfast on the ship before disembarking. Check the times on your daily program. I am not 100% about when you will have to be off the ship, but likely by 9-9:30 a.m. would be my best guess.

Before deciding when to pick up your car, figure out when you are dropping it off. If picking it up before your tour would mean you would have to pay for an extra day rental upon turning the car in, then I would wait until later. If picking it up early does not add a day of rental fees, then I would just get it after disembarking your cruise ship.

As far as ideas for things you might occupy your time with, check out this thread from Trip Advisor. There are a few ideas that might help occupy your time:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31163-i10430-k5685639-24_Hours_in_Whittier-Whittier_Alaska.html#43029054

Archived