Carnival UK Price Drop?? Help.

jtudds

Booked our cruise a while ago, through Carnival.co.uk site online. Noticed yesterday on filling out booking again the price for same cat etc was much cheaper so sent brief of the following to Carnival.

"Please could you advise if eligible for Carnivals price protection?

Booking 46RBR9 Carnival Dream 31st August for 4 people, Balcony stateroom 6405,Booked through carnival UK site.

On SAME Carnival UK site, for same booking (priced for room 6401), original price paid exc fees etc is £1220.96 GBP and new price under the "sale of the year" promotion for past guest is £1133.18 a reduction of £88.

Have attached copy of original blling, and new lower pricing should you need it."

Received the following reply???

"At the moment you are paying £1646.32. The prices you have seen online include the online booking discount of 5% for new bookings only unfortunately when I have checked all the rates available to see if there were any cheaper rates I have only been able to view a price of £1631.78 which I have now changed for you. Unfortunately we are unable to offer the rate you have seen online due to the online price having a 5% discount only for new bookings when booking on the website."

Firstly,

I thought the price protection applies to Cruise fares excluding fees/taxes etc as per my email sent, yet their reply quotes full price comparisons inc taxes/fees and prepaid gratuities.

Secondly,

Is the 5% discount for new bookings relevant? I thought the idea of the price protection was so guests could book early, knowing for sure they would be paying the lowest rate? If there was no penalty, i could just cancel and rebook, but would lose the large deposit paid?

Do i have a valid argument? If so do i take it to the US customer service guys?

Any help appreciated?

Regards

Archived