ROLL CALL: Star Princess 7/04/05 Baltic Cruise

sandl

Yup, I'm there ! Travelling with my two 'older' sisters who are leaving their husbands at home. This is gonna be interesting, the three of us are sharing a cabin (guess who isn't going to be in it that much).

Leaving my partner at home pouting!

Yup, I'm there ! Travelling with my two 'older' sisters who are leaving their husbands at home. This is gonna be interesting, the three of us are sharing a cabin (guess who isn't going to be in it that much).

Leaving my partner at home pouting!

I'll be with a couple of friends and my partner of 18yrs so we are looking forward to seeing you. Will you be traveling to Copenhagen early or on the day of departure?

SW

Should we try planning a FOD get together on this cruise? Not sure if there would be many? It is an expensive and extensive trip. I'm not sure if there would be many family members onboard.

But it would be nice if we could at least get together early, instead of meeting each other late at the end of the cruise..

S and L :)

Hi Jake,

will definately give you a report, it doesn't look like there will be a big family turn out on this cruise but I think I can at least comment on the staff, at the very least.

I will give you a list of people to contact also if they are still onboard in October.:)

Hi Jake,

will definately give you a report, it doesn't look like there will be a big family turn out on this cruise but I think I can at least comment on the staff, at the very least.

I will give you a list of people to contact also if they are still onboard in October.:)

Thank you so very much for that bit of information. I'm completely psyched about the cruise and cannot wait any longer to embark. I do, however, need to finish school first! The crusie staff are the ones that I generally get to know real well because I am a social butterfly. I will be doing anytime dining so let me know which dining you have and which waiters were great as we're celebrating three special occassions on board this cruise!

Thanks again!

Jake

Thank you so very much for that bit of information. I'm completely psyched about the cruise and cannot wait any longer to embark. I do, however, need to finish school first! The crusie staff are the ones that I generally get to know real well because I am a social butterfly. I will be doing anytime dining so let me know which dining you have and which waiters were great as we're celebrating three special occassions on board this cruise!

Thanks again!

Jake

will do, do you like Alantis and RSVP cruises? I've only ever been on one and did not like it very much. but then I'm a bit boring. I remember one theme night, we got all dressed and we fell asleep only to wake up in the middle of the night..:eek:

I can't speculate on RSVP. I've never sailed with them but the thought has crossed my mind since they are using a Princess vessel in 2006 for their Mexican Riviera cruise... might look into it.

Atlantis, depending upon where you sail with them, is way too party oriented. I would not step foot on another January cruise. It's just a bunch of drugged out twinks causing drama all over the place. I vowed after the Celebrity Millennium cruise in January 2004 that I would stay away from Atlantis' January voyages. Now they have larger capacity 3,000 plus of them. No way - not a vacation to me either. If you want something all gay and less party, then where to go is on their European voyages. Due to the high cost of the cruise itself and the airfare, you tend to get the sophistication and slightly older - less party animal crowd. That's my crowd. Sad thing is though, the Euro is so unfairly trading with the USD I'm stuck here in the US and just sailing the Caribbean on hetero cruises!

Hope that helps! If you could when you're on the boat, can you ask the Cruise Director if he'll be around in October 23rd sailing? If so, ask him for his email! Tell him someone on Cruise Critic wants to try and coordinate some nights for the disco! :) So far, there's 150 straight people on the other board going and they're all very friendly and very open to themes! :D

I will be more than happy to coordinate something for you. Not sure if they will give me their email address, but one never knows.

I will ask and all they can say is NO.. :)

It is getting close and I cannot wait...

S and L

I'm so jealous of how close your cruise is! I feel like mine is so far away... doesn't help that work is causing it to feel that way anyway!

It'll come and be over the more you long for it. So I'm trying to be a good boy and be a patient waiter!

Thanks for asking him in advance! I look forward to the answer and the review when you return!

~Jake

• 1 month later...
Hey Guys,

Let me know how the ship is doing and how the crew is for being gay-friendly. I'm on the boat in October and realize that some of the crew's contracts will be over but I'm eager to hear a review from you!

Hi Jake,

sorry it has taken so long to reply to you but as for the cruise we had a fantastic time.. we met lots of people including crew but unfortunately for you most of them will be getting off the ship right before or after the transatlantic crossing in Sept. You will miss most of the them... :(

good luck with your cruise in October and looking forward to chatting in the future..

Archived