MSC is growing bigger and bigger !!

henri

Dear (MSC-)friends,

as you all know, after the last new ones LIRICA and OPERA, MSC buy two existing ship and call tham ARMONIA and SINFONIA. Besides they ordered 2 new 2600 pax. ship: MSC MUSICA and MSC-??????. And now..... did you noticed this:

The two 1,600 cabin cruise ships will weigh in at 130,000 gross tons and according to Alstom Marine, will be able to embark 4,000 passengers and nearly 1,300 crew. The first ship will be delivered by Chantier de L’Atlantique in the spring of 2008, the second in spring of 2009.

This is big, isn't it ??:eek:

Henri.

Good Morning Henri

When we were all together on Opera in April there was a lot of "talk" on the internet about the 2 new BIG ships. Mrs. Aponte who was on Opera at same time was also talking about them and the "luxuries" that they were going to have although she was saying that it was still all "Top Secret". I thought it was amusing that she "gossiped" about supposed "top secret" matters! :-)

For me Opera and Lirica are just perfect in size and really I do not want to go on the bigger liners at all. That however is just me and being a realist I accept that MSC caters to an international client base and not just me :-)

We have always known that because of the excellence of the product it was inevitable that the company would flourish, expand and grow. Perhaps soon they will move to other markets also like Australasia. I am delighted that the company enjoys the success it deserves. The recognition applause and appreciation continues to increase as can be read on this board and many other similar sites worldwide.

My one concern is that unless they introduce a staff training programme as the expansion happens they could face big problems on the staffing side and this could create not such a good situation. I would also like them to pay particular attention to vastly and swiftly improving the performance of the land based office personnel.

Archived