GCT Best of Russia River Cruise

drzx2

Grand Circle had an April 2005 departure for a 27 or 29 day River cruise on the Tikhi Don. I think that trip was from Rostov to St. Petersburg. We are interested in next year---Were any of you on that trip?? Any reviews??

Can you tell me how difficult it is to climb through other river boats that are parked at ports. (disembarking the boat) thanking you in advance....

• 3 weeks later...

It has been quite some time since I posted my questions about the Tikhi Don and GCT Russian River cruise. I do thank the one responder---and enjoyed looking at the referenced photos-----BUT ISN'T THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS BEEN ON THIS BOAT---AND ESPCIALLY THE 27 DAY CRUISE????

Mybe GCT travelers don't access cruise critic???

My wife and I just returned from the Russian trip on the Tikhi Don. We went from St. Petersberg to Moscow. Including a post trip to Kiev were gone for 20 days.

They seem to have gutted the ship and replaced the rooms with larger rooms that have single beds that can be converted to double beds which gives you more room in the cabin. They were still doing some work on the air conditioning system on the ship. The rooms were approximately the same size as their other river cruise ships in Europe.

We never had to walk through any other ship to get to the dock, although there were times when other ships were docked on the outside of us. I don't think there would any problem or difficulty if that were necessary.

The food was good and there was red or white wine free and plenty at dinner.

The waitresses are cute but don't speak much English. The portions are small but I assume that you could get more if you wanted to. I was well satisfied with the food service.

When everyone gets together in the room onthe upper deck ther is not quite enough room.

The tours are interesting, lots of churches and places to shop, shop and shop.

If you have specific questions.

My e-mail is bobr@bellsouth.net.

Archived