Calling out to Carol...CCs favorite lady of Spain!

romeo204

Carol...thank you for your fantastic links to hotels, sights and everything Barcelona. You are, without a doubt, a great resource and very helpful.

We are currently planning a European cruise for July 2014 aboard the NCL Spirit from Barcelona.

I have a question specific to a hotel in Barcelona. As you are aware, hotels can be quite pricey. Since we are planning to arrive in Spain a few days prior to embarking, we are looking to find something reasonably priced yet not too too far away from the must see sights. We found a Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal that appears to meet our needs and budget. Are you familiar with it and its location? Thoughts?

Please note that we would take a cab from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship.

Any insight you can share is GREATLY appreciated. I realize that you get lots of requests. Thanks!

Cheers from Canada! :)

If you have been looking at hotels you will probably have realised that the nearer you are to the centre of things the more expensive the hotel is likely to be.

Four Points by Sheraton is about 2.5 miles from Las Ramblas. The nearest metro station is about 5 minutes walk. The journey to Las Ramblas is about 20 minutes. It takes about the same time to Sagrada Familia and the Gaudi buildings Casa Batlló and La Pedrera. It is a well priced hotel but you would spend a lot of time travelling to places of interest.

The following hotels are a bit nearer Plaça Catalunya and Las Ramblas

Hotel Principal is in roughly the same price range as the Sheraton. It is in a side street about 250 yards from Las Ramblas and 5 minutes walk to the nearest metro station.

Maybe slightly more expensive but still quite reasonable is Hotel Acta Splendid. This is about 1/2 mile from Plaça Catalunya and Las Ramblas and 2-3 minutes walk from the nearest metro.

Another place to look at is El Jardi. It is a Pension (B&B) with a lot of character (dating from 1860) and I have heard good reports of this. It is in the Gothic Quarter about 2-3 minutes walk from Las Ramblas and the metro.

Read the reviews on TripAdvisor

I hope this gives you a few ideas

Good Morning Carol,

Thank you so much for the suggestions. All 3 locations look more than adequate and functional.

Since the Sheraton is not in a convenient location, I'll assume that the cost for cab fare back and forth from the tourist areas would equal the difference in hotel costs if we stay closer but paid a bit more for our room?

If that is indeed the case, my next question for you would be - which hotel would you recommend if my budget was between 150 to 225 Euro per night? Keep in mind that I would prefer not to stay in a bright pink room! Hahaha

Thanks again, Carol!!!

:)

Good Morning Carol,

Thank you so much for the suggestions. All 3 locations look more than adequate and functional.

Since the Sheraton is not in a convenient location, I'll assume that the cost for cab fare back and forth from the tourist areas would equal the difference in hotel costs if we stay closer but paid a bit more for our room?

If that is indeed the case, my next question for you would be - which hotel would you recommend if my budget was between 150 to 225 Euro per night? Keep in mind that I would prefer not to stay in a bright pink room! Hahaha

Thanks again, Carol!!!

:)

As it is over a year away it is difficult to be say exactly what the prices will be as the prices for then will not be published yet. I can only base it on this July.

With a budget of €150-225 have a look at these

Jazz – 2 minutes from Plaça Catalunya. 5 minutes from Las Ramblas. 100 yards from the metro. This hotel is very popular here on CC

Montecarlo – on Las Ramblas. Considered good value for where it is.

Colón - in the Gothic Quarter, opposite the cathedral. It is about 5 minutes walk from Las Ramblas. As I often say, this is my favourite

1898 – Probably the nicest hotel on Las Ramblas. This may just be within your budget – worth looking at.

Archived