re price drop on carnival uk

Hi everyone,

I've been reading a lot about people being offered onboard credit or reduced cruise cost if the price has dropped since they booked. I was wondering if this is available to everyone or is it just for cruises from America.

Thanks very much for your help / advice

Hi, looks like I'm on your cruise:)

We booked back in August & had an interior for 3 of us for £2,900 & a balcony for 2 for £3,200.

Due to the current sale I've been able to change the interior to an extended balcony for £2,400 & the regular balcony to an extended balcony for £1,900.

Total saving of £1,800 & upgrades.

The effort involved in getting this is another story.

Carnival UK tried telling my travel agent that I had to be a friend or family member of someone who worked at Carnival to qualify for the sale.

Neither my travel agent or Carnival UK knew what they were talking about & I had to resort to begging Carnival US to discuss my booking with me as I had booked through a travel agent & when they quoted me the new prices getting their name & number & giving it to my TA who gave it to Carnival UK.

Got there in the end though.

hi Carpgirl and thanks for your reply,

we booked through Iglu cruise and I was on the phone to them for about an hour the other day, asking if we could get a discount or onboard credit, she was on the phone to carnival uk who were then on the phone to carnival head office in Miami who eventually said we could have a reduced balance but we would lose our onboard credit and free parking, so wasn't worth taking it. However its now dropped again by £300 (we're already in an extended balcony cabin) so I've tried emailing Carnival direct to ask again.

Thought it was worth asking on here though as wasn't sure if it was just bookings on the carnival.com website or if everyone would be entitled to price drops.

Thanks again for your info and we are really looking forward to trying Carnival after mainly cruising with P and O for the last 7 years.

Archived