If you ordered Gift Cards in March BE AWARE!!

MsViola

[U][COLOR=red]MAKE SURE YOUR GIFT CARDS ARE VALID!!![/COLOR][/U]

On 3-10-13, I orderd nearly $1500 worth of Carnival Gift Cards and gift tins, to give to employees for our upcoming company cruise.

I received an email several days later saying there was a problem with my order (I already had the items) due to a computer problem. After talking to the representive, I was assured the problem was resolved and the cards were valid.

Today, I get the bank statement and notice the charges are not on it. I call Carnival and the representative informed me that all of the cards had a [U][COLOR=red]ZERO [/COLOR][/U]balance! I was told that my only option was to re-do my entire order......that equals 12 cards with individualized messages!

I kindly explained to the lady that the cards were supposed to be given out tomorrow at a luncheon and it would have been nice if they had contacted everyone about the problem. I'm so glad I found out now and not on the ship when people try to redeem them. Now I am stuck with giving out the E-cards. :( At least, they didn't charge me for the tins.......yet. :)

Oh well, life happens......just wish Carnival had handled it better. Please check your cards!

Happy Sailing!!!

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]The same thing happened to me when I ordered a gift card early in March. I sent a $200 e-card to someone and the hold showed up on my bank account as soon as I purchased it. I received a phone call almost two weeks later because they tried to use the gift card and they couldn't because it had a $0 balance despite them receiving the email showing it had $200 on it. I checked my bank account and sure enough the charge was missing. I was furious when I called the 800# and all they did was tell me to purchase another one. I'm very apprehensive about it now so I doubt I will buy any more. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='sthrnbll']Are these the ecards or actual gift cards? I bought seven ecards and used for my cruise last week and had no problems. Sorry you guys did. That would suck.[/quote]

I had bought actual gift cards. The problem appears to have been fixed.

[quote name='Mrs CruisinCritter'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]The same thing happened to me when I ordered a gift card early in March. I sent a $200 e-card to someone and the hold showed up on my bank account as soon as I purchased it. I received a phone call almost two weeks later because they tried to use the gift card and they couldn't because it had a $0 balance despite them receiving the email showing it had $200 on it. I checked my bank account and sure enough the charge was missing. I was furious when I called the 800# and all they did was tell me to purchase another one. I'm very apprehensive about it now so I doubt I will buy any more. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Wow! Not good. I hope the person who received the E-card was understanding.

Archived