Best Shopping - Dock or Downtown?

beckers

• 3 weeks later...

Is it far to downtown - how long would a water taxi take? We are booked on a trip at 11.00a.m. We dock at 8.00a.m. Would we have time to go downtown to buy our duty free before we go on our trip? THanks

There's always time to shop!!:) What kind of question is that? - If you have to tender in anyway, the shops are right there. If you have to get something made, you can always have it put together while you're on the tour and pick it up on your way back to the ship. I haven't missed a ship yet waiting for my jewelry to be made!!;) Everyone is vey accommodating and seems to be aware of the timing.

I've found Kay's on Front Street to be my favorite. I've gotten some great pieces and they seem to work with you on the best prices. They are very accommodating on changing stones to other settings.

I am a strong believer in having an idea on what you want before you go and checking prices at home first. I'll admit though that I usually come away with more!!:D The cold beer they provide is also a nice touch! Not something they do back here in Minnesota. I have also gotten a couple of things at Amerstdam on Wathey Square that have held up nicely.

Archived