Booking on the Conquest need help

genxian

This is first time I am booking a cruise on my own. I have quotes from a Carnival PvP and several from online agencies through *****(dot)com

Does anyone have good or bad experience booking through online TAs, specifically those found through the afformentioned website. The price difference is large.

Perhaps I can email someone directly about this so I don't break any cruise critic website forum rules.

Thanks,

Brandon

I 've used ***** in the past to get an idea what the going rate is for the cruise I'm interested in, but my local TA has always been able to match or beat even their lowest quote. It helps to have a local contact in case of any problems with the booking. Is there not a trusted local travel agenncy you can deal with? Who booked all your previous cruises and who did they book with? Ask your cruising friends or family member who they've used in the past and maybe they can recommend a local TA whose pricing is just as good as those online agencies.

My dad has booked all the previous cruises, he has always went with Carnival directly I believe. I live in a small town, we do have AAA and a couple other travel agencies, I should trying calling one of them up. AAA quoted Carnivals price exactly.

Thanks,

Brandon

This is first time I am booking a cruise on my own. I have quotes from a Carnival PvP and several from online agencies through *****(dot)com

Does anyone have good or bad experience booking through online TAs, specifically those found through the afformentioned website. The price difference is large.

Perhaps I can email someone directly about this so I don't break any cruise critic website forum rules.

Thanks,

Brandon

When do you plan to cruise?

You can book now if you want to have your pick of cabins and to guarantee your rate in case cruise prices go up in the future. Be sure to book with an agency that will adjust your price downward if the price of your cruise drops between now and June 2006. The agency I use here in New Orleans has a price guarantee and will match or beat any legitimate online agency price. They have also adjusted the price of my cruises when the prices dropped, even after final payment. If you're unable to find a reputable local agency where you live, e-mail me and I'll send you contact information for the one I use.

Archived