Tubing with Yhony

lstiblier

We are just home from Explorer- we did the cave tubing with Yhony on June 7th and we were VERY satisfied! He is a real character- He met us just outside the terminal- as he said he would- with a sign with my name on it- He had two other tour guides already out with groups fom Carnival- We were his only group from Explorer- I had especially asked him to be our tour guide when I made our reservation- my family of 5 were the only ones on this tour- he kept us chuckling the entire ride to the caves- At the caves we changed, got our lights and tubes, and were off- It was raining pretty hard most of the time- but we WERE in the rain forest and just made the best of it- the path was pretty slippery in some spots but Yhony always warned us beforehand- I was the only female in our group so he took special care to be sure I was ok-

The walk was great- even in the pouring rain- We did the additional caves that the ship tours don't do- and my 3 sons and my husband did the "jump" at the entrance to the caves- I didn't- Yhony stayed right there to be sure we all got into the water a-ok- he even helped people from other tours enter the water and get onto their tubes- you could tell all the guides knew each other as they all joked and cajoled each other-

Once in the water we formed a "train" and proceeded on our way- only once did we have to get out and walk- there were numerous areas where other groups had to walk- Yhony knew the deepest parts of the river and guided us to those areas- we did have to "butts up" in several spots-

On the way back we stopped at a gas station to get Belikin beer and salted plantain chips- tasted great after our adventure- he had us back in plenty of time to shop in the port area-

It was a great trip- and ended too quickly- I look forward to visiting Belize again- without the rain!

I'm not sure- actually we preferred not to do the lunch (5 of us x 10 each) so I was happy it didn't even come up- I think maybe it was a time issue- because of the wet weather we were probably slowed down some- I never woried about the time- though- never doubted Yhony would get us back in time-

On the previous posts I think the added lunch was an option?

There was a place in the terminal to eat- and drink- my DH had several more Belikins on tap while I shopped- we didn't eat any food, though, so can't comment on if it was good or not- we ate at the Windjammer when we got back on the boat- I bought several granola bars w/ us in our backpack- never used them-

Archived