Did RCL take my Advil?

kee

It bugs me that the TSA can do this. The last time we visited the U.S., we were flying from my mom's house in PA to meet my husband in FL, and the TSA took my case behind a screen and opened it. I questioned the TSA man, saying that I'd like to observe him inspecting my case, but he was having none of it. I said, "But you could put anything in there and say that you found it in my case, and I can't argue with you because I'm standing on the other side of this screen and won't be able to see you do it."

I really felt like my civil liberties were being violated. :mad:

Bugs most of us, not because we do not trust them to do their jobs but because we do not want strangers touching our intimate clothing. But to worry that for some weird reason they would put contraband in my luggage is not on the list.

Edited to add: Thanks to the Patriot Act almost all of us have no expectations of having our civil liberties upheld. :(

It seems the older we get the "stuff" to pack outweighs the "clothes" to pack. We keep a list of the "stuff" and at the end of each cruise, we make adjustments if we needed something not on the list. The one major thing, is baking soda. We buy the small container, can be used to brush teeth, upset stomach or as a deodorizer in bathroom. I bring, cold pills, aspirin, bandaids, neospirin, etc. We have a little plastic container that says "STUFF" and we continue to fill and refill as we travel.

I did however think I forgot my toothpaste I was SICKENED to think how much they were charging.

I forgot my toothpaste once, and they were out of toothpaste in the on-board shop. I would have happily paid 3-4X what it normally costs just to have some. That cruise started with two sea days, before the first port. First order of business in port was to find a shop that had toothpaste!!

Archived