Ocho Rios Excursion question

emilyh

Would we be better off taking the RCI San San Yacht Cruise that does snorkeling & DUnn's River or Phil's Dunn River & Tubing? I can't decide. We are a family of 4 with two teenagers. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

It would really depend on what you like. Do you prefer snorkeling or do you want to try the river tubing? If you like to be on a boat and prefer snorkeling over riding a bus/van then go with the San San. We did the Dunns Falls and River Tubing on our own when we were there and had a great time. Tell us what your kids like and maybe we can help you decide. Is price an option? Private tour guides will always be less than ship sponsored excursions.

I was surprised a few years back when my mom and I decided to take the Dunn's River Falls excursion. It showed a minimal exertion level and said that we didn't have to get wet "if we didn't want to." For anyone who's ever been to Dunn's River Falls you can start laughing hilariously now!

In order to climb the fallls, you're instructed to hold hands with the person in front of you and behind you. It is slippery and very steep at times. The human chain ascends the falls one person at a time. Occcasionally you have to let go to steady yourself--or in my case, avoid being dragged down the face of the waterfall by someone that has lost their footing.

The poor woman in front of me plummeted 4 levels and broke her leg. My mother (who was 50 at the time and in good physical condition) quit halfway up. I'm not saying it wasn't a great experience, I just wish someone had warned me beforehand.

Good luck and enjoy your trip! :D

Archived