Opinions Please!!!!!

Jaxsonbrownie

I have booked the Embassy Suites 17th St, Ft Lauderdale, for a 1 night pre-cruise stay next April. I have been reading some rather mixed reviews about this hotel. Can anyone who has stayed here re-assure me that we made a good decision to stay here? It's only for 1 night so I am not expecting too much as we will only be in the room to sleep. Thanks for any help and/or opinions to this,appreciate it:) Jaxson

Actually its a very nice property conveniantly located near the port with access to plenty of shops and restaurants. If you've heard anything bad about this hotel its the exception, not the rule. You'll enjoy it. ;)

That was actually my first choice, but I couldn't get it on Priceline when I was bidding at the time. I think you will like it a lot and I think it is actually undergoing some renovations now. Good luck.

Stayed there 3 times pre-cruise and loved it. Unless it's changed a lot in the past year, I can't imagine what people wouldn't like. Breakfast was very good and we really enjoyed the free drinks at happy hour. Transportation was quick and convenient. You made a good choice.

Getaway101, No, I did not use priceline. I was going to at first, but with 5 of us traveling together, There is no way to guaranty we would be able to get all 5 of us together,so I booked it directly with the Hotel at their website. This way, we could get a suite with 2 double beds and the living room has a sleeper sofa and we could just split the suite 3 ways for about $100 apiece,about as much as we would spend on a regular room at other hotels which may not be as nice.We also get free shuttle service from airport, free shuttle to pier, free cooked breakfast,not just donuts and coffee, and free drinks at managers reception from 4-7 pm that evening. Sounded like a deal to me!:) Jaxson We have 2 couples and 1 other adult,hence the 3 way split.Go to www.embassysuites.com and put in the 17th St. location and put in for the cruise passenger prices.

This is a very nice hotel - this actually used to be our crew hotel (I'm a flight attandant) and we were very upset when we changed hotels. The rooms are standard Embassy Suite style - living area with wet bar, refrig and micro and nice sized bedroom and bathroom. The pool area is very nice. The bonus of this hotel is that it's walking distance (across the street) from a minimall with Publix Grocery Store, liq store, etc and several good restaurants. I would consider taking taxi to the port as it's very close and I've seen some not so good reviews on their cruise shuttle service. Oh, yes, added bonus, happy hour w/complimantary cocktails in the evening and wonderful breakfast bar, including eggs cooked to order, in the AM. Enjoy.

Thanks Quinceemom, it's nice to hear some good things,as you look at some of the reviews on tripadvisor, they are rather mixed. I do believe some of the bad things written are mostly from people with high expectations and were dissappointed and/or had some kind of mix-up or something. I am glad now that I chose this hotel and I am sure we will love it. Thanks again!...Jaxson:)

Archived