Help Paradise Beach Or Chankanaab Park?

MAKAMOM13

See the Cozumel section under the Ports of Call Message Board for detailed information about both of these beaches. You can do a search for each to find tons of info. and opinions. You are generally right in what you said. Chankanaab has an entrance fee of $12/person, and is better for snorkeling. It also has dolphin or sea lion swims, which you have to reserve in advance, and trails to walk along with smaller version replica ruins. It also has a lagoon area for smaller children and easier entry into the sea. You can get your snorkeling gear there for a reasonable price. I do not remember the ruins underwater, but the snorkeling is great.

Paradise Beach, from what I've read, is free entry, unless you would like to participate in the non-motorized water sports (iceberg, water trampoline, kayaks, snorkel gear-with a deposit, and floaties). It costs $8/person for use of the equipment I just mentioned. There are also massages and many motorized sports (parasailing, jet skis, etc.) Paradise Beach should have a better beach as far as your traditional sand beach. It takes coral to attract fish to make for good snorkeling, so good snorkeling and good sand beaches don't usually go together.

Both have restaurants and bars. It just depends on what you would like to do. If snorkeling or dolphins are your thing, go to Chankanaab. If you would like more water toys, go for Paradise Beach. Either way, have a great time!

Archived