Lemonade, Punch or just Iced Tea??

Beckster

Does anyone know if the NCL Sea has lemonade, punch and iced tea?? One cruise I went on only had Iced Tea and thats not my choice of a free beverage. Our last NCL cruise was on the Sky to Alaska, and it was the week after the Sky had a virus on it. Wasnt as exciting cruise with no self serve buffets, and no Chocoholic buffet. The buffet selections were really bad and with them serving every item to you , & with not enough servers it wasnt very pleasant. When they had crab legs one day, they barely let you have 2 legs. Hoping my Sea cruise is gonna outshine the Sky cruise. So back to the question...more then just iced tea as a free beverage?? Carnival had punch, lemonade, Iced tea and juices thru the entire day !

On our last cruise, we took the little Crystal Light individual serving packages. They're designed to pour into a bottle of water, shake...and you've got Lemonade, Raspberry Drink or Lemon Iced Tea. We took them into the restaurants and would mix them into our iced water goblets for our parents and kids! It solved their endless desire for something other than water!

I recently purchased some Walmart-brand -- they have a great Peach Iced Tea flavor and Fruit Punch flavor. They're very convenient -- about 2" long by about 1/4" wide (they remind me of the Pixie-Stix candy we used to eat). They're boxed in 10-count boxes, I believe and cost around $2.

Give 'em a try... they were a great alternative when juices or tea wasn't readily available.

That is simply a brilliant idea, thanks so much! We are low carbers and in general very sensitive about sugar, and we don't like soda. That'll be a great alternative!

For water drinkers, I highly recommend Brita filters. If you're going to lug heavy water onto the boat anyway, just bring a pitcher with a filter. That gives you unlimited water, and I imagine filtering the water probably gives you just as much clean water as a bottled water would. I'm a big fan of the Penn & Teller "bull****" show and they did an expose of bottled water companies. Many of them claim to be pure - but the truth is far from that. It's all about marketing - many of them have far lower quality than a local tap does. A filter system ensures that you get clean water no matter what you began with. In any case it's lighter :)

I've never known NCL to have anything besides iced tea for cold beverages included with the meal (besides breakfast). I'm a lemonade freak so if there was lemonade I would have sniffed it out!

I haven't taken those make-it-yourself packets along on a cruise but we use them a lot when traveling by car. They are wonderful!

Hikini:D

Archived