Coral Breeze cancelled my excursion- what now?

tinkerbell_82

The same thing happened to us on our April 14th cruise. Mark sent me an email about a week before the cruise saying that he only had 7 people booked and therefore would be cancelling our Caye Caulker excursion. It also left us scrambling for an alternative. We decided to play it safe and book and ship based shore excursion.

While walking around the tourism village, I did see the Hammerhead employees outside the Wet Lizard. Most likely, I will not use Coral Breeze Tours again since they know operate outside the gates and are operating very small boats. Miss the bigger boats that they used to us as they had some shelter form the wind/sun/rain.

That stinks. We still don't have anything booked in Belieze. We will probably book on the ship also.

That stinks. We still don't have anything booked in Belieze. We will probably book on the ship also.

We were on the Ncl Star and ended up doing a ship excursion called Air boat ride & city tour. It was not a bad excursion despite the $90 plus dollar cost.

Hope you manage to find something.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tina, I hope you had a good trip. I'm curious what you ended up doing while in Belize. I'm still trying to decide for our trip in early August. We (group of 5) want to for certain snorkel the reef, (maybe do the shark/sting ray) and hopefully go to Caye Caulker (unless I hear/read that Goff's Caye is better). Leaning toward booking the Ray/Caulker tour with Wet Lizard, but knowing they may cancel on us is nerve wracking. Or thinking we should just book through the ship - Barrier Reef w/ Beach Break that goes to Bannister beach. Ugh - decisions, decisions.

Hi Tina, I hope you had a good trip. I'm curious what you ended up doing while in Belize. I'm still trying to decide for our trip in early August. We (group of 5) want to for certain snorkel the reef, (maybe do the shark/sting ray) and hopefully go to Caye Caulker (unless I hear/read that Goff's Caye is better). Leaning toward booking the Ray/Caulker tour with Wet Lizard, but knowing they may cancel on us is nerve wracking. Or thinking we should just book through the ship - Barrier Reef w/ Beach Break that goes to Bannister beach. Ugh - decisions, decisions.

I am curious too :)

Would like to know too what the OP decided to do or any suggestions... I looked in to the ECO Tours and in their tour description it says,

"You will be taken by boat for a 35 minute journey northeast to Caye Caulker Marine Reserve and the famous Shark Ray Alley."

So I was wondering, I have heard that it takes 35 minutes to an hour and a half to get to Cay Caulker/Shark Ray Alley... Anyone have any personal experience time ?

• 4 weeks later...

DH and I were planning Caye Caulker through Coral Breezes in October but now I am nervous as well. Does anyone know how reliable the water taxi is to and from Caye Caulker? I thought I remember reading that is is not very reliable.

Also, are there other vendors in the area (maybe Hammerheads) that offer to take you to CC? Thanks!!!

I talked to some locals in April at the taxi terminal, and they use it all the time, and told me it is not a problem at all. We may try this next March, so if you do so, please give us a report as to how it went. Thanks, and good luck..:)

DH and I were planning Caye Caulker through Coral Breezes in October but now I am nervous as well. Does anyone know how reliable the water taxi is to and from Caye Caulker? I thought I remember reading that is is not very reliable.

Also, are there other vendors in the area (maybe Hammerheads) that offer to take you to CC? Thanks!!!

Archived