Seven Mile Beach

mets550

Looking to go to the beach in Grand Cayman on our upcoming Freedom cruise. I have read that Seven Mile Beach is the place to go, but I am trying to figure out what part of the beach to go to. I have heard that Tiki Bar and Royal Palms are both good but would like to hear your experiences with either of these or other suggestions.

Also, do both of these places (and any others) rent chairs and umbrellas? How much are they? How much is a cab to get to the beach (we are eight people)? Are there any safety concerns with doing this on our own?

Thanks!

Two great spots on the Seven Mile Beach that have a wide beach, nice sand and sandy sea bottom are Royal Palms, and the Seven Mile Beach Public Beach (next to Calico Jack's). They have beach chairs and umbrellas for rent, and a bar/grill right there. Figure around US$5 per person each way for taxi, US$2.50 if you go by minibus - the main bus depot is next to the library downtown George Town, a short walk from the cruise terminal in George Town. Yes it's quite safe to do on your own!

Archived