Taking a packed lunch OFF the ship in Bermuda?

Terry in NJ

Hi, sorry if this question seems silly! :)

I thought that maybe we'd order room service sandwiches to take to the beach. We're bringing a softpack cooler, that could EASILY fit in my beach bag.

Is it against the law i.e. a customs violation, to carry food off the ship?

(I know we can't bring any food back into the U.S.)

Thanks!

Terry in NJ

It's a stiff fine if you get caught taking food off the ship unless it's in a factory sealed package. I have never been searched leaving a cruise ship in Bermuda but have had my bags searched returning back to the ship by Bermuda customs agents.

The Freestyle Daily specifically said that no food could be taken ashore. We did however take some boxes of cereal from the buffet and brought some granola bars, etc. from home just to have a snack.

Came back on the NCL Crown 6/12. We were told by Julie the cruise director that no fruits or veggies could be taken off/or onto the ship. Nothing else was mentioned as being a problem. Bags were only ocassionally checked when getting back on the ship.

Just off VOS. They have signs posted not to take food off or bring on ship. They did not check bags when leaving the ship however. We had planned to take some stuff to beach with us but decided to come back to ship for lunch instead. We did take some cookies with us for snacking, no problem. They do put bags through x-ray machine when coming back on, so could only bring packaged stuff. Customs only looked in my shopping bags one time and was brief.

Archived