does anybody know anything interesting about the carnival triumph?

Penguinjen

We sailed her 2 years ago for our 1st cruise as well, and I have to say she is our FAVORITE !!! ( even though we have nothing to compare her to ) We went with such high expectations~ and were so afraid it wouldnt live up to it- but the whole trip FAR exceeded our dreams. Everything on that ship & our trip was perfect. When we had to get off we felt like we were leaving home and dearest friends. It is an absolutely amazing experience like NO other. Have a wonderful time- and remember its all what you make of it.

Bon Voyage !

Laurie

I know something interesting about the Triumph. In the Big Easy Piano Bar, all the oyster shells embedded in the walls are from the ACME Oyster House in New Orleans. The man in charge of designing and overseeing the decorations of the Triumph was married to a lady from New Orleans. He was very familiar with the famous ACME Oyster House from visits to his wife's family. All those oyster shells were shucked in New Orleans. The oysters were served in the restaurant. The shells were cleaned and shipped to Italy, where the Triumph was built. Cool :cool:

I'm trying to not mix up my cruises, but if I'm remembering correctly, there was a New York style deli. Oh so good! The line was always really long. I could live on lox and bagels, so I basically did. But the sandwiches were really, really great too. I also have a recollection of a really nice wine bar (great selection, reasonable prices). It was nice to get a glass of "good" wine outside of the dining room. Another thing that stands out in my memory was the galley tour. We had just layed down for a nap when the announcement came about a galley tour. We jumped out of bed and went on the tour. Wow! Wow! Wow! Do it if they offer it. The kitchens are so high tech and so clean. Plus you learn how 3,000 passengers get fed in such a timely manner. Very impressive.

We loved the Triumph and wish you a great cruise!

Archived