Tour options to Mont St Michel

tulips*n*truffles

Hi there!

We're interested in doing a post-cruise 1 day trip to Mont Saint Michel from Paris. There seem to be a number of tour companies offering this, but all with incredibly mixed reviews. Has anyone done this that you could offer a personal account - good or bad?

I know it's a long trip and all that - and still want to go. :-)

Thank you!!

Hi there!

We're interested in doing a post-cruise 1 day trip to Mont Saint Michel from Paris. There seem to be a number of tour companies offering this, but all with incredibly mixed reviews. Has anyone done this that you could offer a personal account - good or bad?

I know it's a long trip and all that - and still want to go. :-)

Thank you!!

I have gone from Paris to MSM...it was a loooong day,but it actually was fun,and coming back in on the bus was quiet.I took a friend who had never been and wanted to do this bus tour..we had plenty of time there as well.I believe it was the L'Open Tour maybe..w e left early in the AM and got back about 10 PM.We went on the larger bus tour,but there was one that was a van.There are going to be mixed reviews about all of them,but they are pretty much the same and if you know it is going to be a long day then really they are fine.Make sure it is with one of the larger tour companies,and then decide if you want the big or small and if there is one the usused the train check that one out.I have been to MSM a few times,and I am sure you will enjoy it no matter how you get there.

I wonder how much time you will have at Mont st Michel as opposed to time spent on a bus. We've holidayed in this area and a couple of years ago travelled from Honfleur in our own car - that took about 2 hours each way. It is a however a fascinating place to visit. Gets very busy.

I wonder how much time you will have at Mont st Michel as opposed to time spent on a bus. We've holidayed in this area and a couple of years ago travelled from Honfleur in our own car - that took about 2 hours each way. It is a however a fascinating place to visit. Gets very busy.

It seems to me we had quite a bit of time here...we drove through some really pretty places on the way and had one short stop,but when we arrived we had plenty of time to explore,have luncheon,shop etc, without rushing...I really cannot rememeber the time limit.When we left we stopped for dinner in Caen and were back in Paris by 10PM.Was it a long ride..yes,but not that bad.

Archived