majesty cabin 924

We have just booked the above standard cabin for summer 2014. Does anyone know if this cabin is the same as the standard + next door? On the deck plan they look the same and the Thomson T A said that they appear the same

many thanks

We have just booked the above standard cabin for summer 2014. Does anyone know if this cabin is the same as the standard + next door? On the deck plan they look the same and the Thomson T A said that they appear the same

many thanks

According to my deck plan 924 is a standard cabin with beds that convert to a double. A standard means it is a small cabin, (10 sq metres) 922 is a 4 berth plus cabin meaning it is bigger (13 sq metres) and has 2 bunk beds folded up on the wall when not needed. They are definitely not the same. 922 should have a fridge, a lot more drawers and an extra wardrobe. I am working from memory regarding the cabin sizes. :rolleyes:

924 also appears to have an obstructed view, ie a lifeboat outside the window. Many of the cabins on deck 8 and 9 have obstructed views. Sorry if that is bad news, but the Thomson deck plans do not show them. If you google Louis Majesty Dolphin Helles deck plans I think you will get the deck plan I am looking at.

Also, 924 is right under the swimming pool and Topsiders Bar on deck 10 but I don't know if that will make much difference regarding noise, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

many thanks

Have just phoned Thomson as we have 924 booked for September and they said that most cabins on 8 and 9 have partial obstruction meaning it's 'just at the top' and should not spoil ones view!!! If you try to change your cabin you have to pay again and in our case there are no std.+ rooms available and on that level they are 4 berth anyway.(922)

we have just come back from deck nine, it was very noisy constantly with the trolleys on the sun deck going up and down from early morning when we woke, til we finally got to sleep sometimes at 03:00 we used to joke about it sounding like a train, i would def consider another deck

We had an outside plus on deck 4 (cabin 426) and can definitely recommend deck four. Ours was a four berth with plenty of storage space. The only problem with our cabin was a cloudy window, but I believe that has been remedied with a new window.

We had an outside plus on deck 4 (cabin 426) and can definitely recommend deck four. Ours was a four berth with plenty of storage space. The only problem with our cabin was a cloudy window, but I believe that has been remedied with a new window.

We booked the Adriatic cruise for September 2013 on 4th January and all the deck 4 outside plus cabins had already gone. So it leads me to believe if you want a deck 4 outside plus you have to book very early. We pre booked a deck 6 cabin instead and there was lots of choice of cabin but we paid quite a bit more for exactly the same size cabin.

Been in three different deck 4 outside plus cabins and all have been quiet. Except the last one which had a squeaky noise from a bunk bed in rough seas...sorted that out with some duct tape and a "pillow chocolate" to cushion the noise. :D. Deck 4 is fine as long as you are not further aft than the Medical Centre as that is noisy and has vibrations from the engine underneath.

Archived