Looking for excursion suggestions.......

iott family

We are doing the same four ports we have done on two previous cruises so I feel like we have done quite a bit at these ports. We have 4 kids aged 17,15,9,and 7. We like to be a little adventurous but we do not care for

snorkeling. Our ports are Cozumel,Belize,Mahogany Bay and Costa Maya.

We have done mayan ruins 3 times now and kids always enjoy this. Our fav was Altun Ha in Belize. We did the River Wallace/Altun Ha excursion, loved it!

What do you all like to do? Thanks!

We are doing the same four ports we have done on two previous cruises so I feel like we have done quite a bit at these ports. We have 4 kids aged 17,15,9,and 7. We like to be a little adventurous but we do not care for

We have done mayan ruins 3 times now and kids always enjoy this. Our fav was Altun Ha in Belize. We did the River Wallace/Altun Ha excursion, loved it!

My 17 year old daughter and I did Pirates of the Caribbean extremely extreme zip line at Isla Roatan in 2011 and had a blast. Would do this again!! Paradise beach in Cozumel has something for everyone at a reasonable cost.

Enjoy!!!

Last year we did a Mahogany Bay Day with Market Islanding that took us to a Iguana Farm, Monkey Zoo a few children in our tour had a great time, also visited a shopping area, and a beach area. There were only eight per tour so that made the experience very personal.

Carnival excursions...

My daughter and I enjoyed the Bacab Eco Park Jungle Adventure Bike in Belize. It's a fairly easy, mostly flat path with lots of stops along the way to learn about jungle features. I'm nuts about creepy crawlie critters, and do a lot of photography, so it was perfect.

I did the Maya Key Private Island package in Roatan, and liked it enough to book it again for my upcoming cruise. Previously, we also did the butterfly house and West End excursion. The butterfly house includes a mini-reserve where a selection of abandoned wildlife "pets" are kept.

In Cozumel, we did the zipline excursion, and that was great fun. I also did the Beach Buggy and Snorkel excursion, which was okay but seemed a little high priced. I didn't snorkel (and note that most excursions say you can snorkel if you like, but there is no pressure to do so -- don't avoid any excursions just because they include snorkeling, if they have other things that you might enjoy).

In Costa Maya, my kayak excursion was rained out, but I had the most fun of all there poking around the rocky shoreline looking at all the amazing starfish and echinoderms, and colorful fish in the tide pools. The most beautiful sea creatures I've ever seen in the ocean.

Cozumel - Twister boat to Passion Island. Fun boat ride and all-inclusive day at Passion Island. Beautiful white sand beach, all you can eat Mexican buffet, open bar- alcoholic and sodas, beach toys, nice clean playground with tramboline, gift shops, clean bathrooms...... worth every penney.

**** You can also get to Passion Island by Catamaran if the Twister boat is not to your liking. We booked this excursion with the ship, not sure if you can do it independantly or not.

:)

Just got done with Carnival Liberty to most of these ports. I would SERIOUSLY recommend:

Belize: Maya Guide Adventures and cave Kayaking. You will be with your family alone and you can really get to see the different caves without being dragged by someone. Totally worth it and we will book with MGA again!

Roatan: I second the Pirates of the Caribbean Zipline tour- fun and safe experience.

Cozumel - Twister boat to Passion Island. Fun boat ride and all-inclusive day at Passion Island. Beautiful white sand beach, all you can eat Mexican buffet, open bar- alcoholic and sodas, beach toys, nice clean playground with tramboline, gift shops, clean bathrooms...... worth every penney.

**** You can also get to Passion Island by Catamaran if the Twister boat is not to your liking. We booked this excursion with the ship, not sure if you can do it independantly or not.

:)

I like the powerboat suggestion! We did something similar on vacation at Emerald Isle, NC....kids loved it but unfortunately we have been back 3 times since and can not locate the company who did this out of Beaufort, NC!

Archived