Looking for something to do

PSkinner

My sister and I are taking our 79 yr old mother on her first cruise in November. We are looking for something to do in Progresso without too much walking. Mom doesn't drink because of meds and has had knee replacement surgery so we are wanting something that doesn't involve a lot of walking. We are thinking of Merida City tour thru auto progresso. Please if you have taken this can you get back on the amount of walking? Thanks!!!!

The AP tour of Merida will show you the areas outside the city center of Merida by van/bus; colonial houses, streets and statues. They'll make a stop to get out and look at "Monument to the Flag" roundabout. You have to cross the street to see it up close, I'm sure you could wait behind and skip the walk up close; you'll still get a good view of it. The tour eventually ends up in the city center, Plaza Grande, of Merida. Here the tour will stop. They will take you over to the church, its not a long walk, but worth it. After the church it will be time for lunch. they will recommend a place for lunch, but you can basically go anywhere you want. There are plenty of places just a short walk from the church in the Plaza. After lunch you can relax in the park and people watch and enjoy an ice cream from Helados Colon, before they bring you back to the ship.

Archived