Staying at the Raddison in Port Canaveral

katie286

We'll be staying at the Raddison the night prior to our cruise in Aug. We need to get from the airport to this hotel the afternoon we fly in. Any recommendations? I was told that the Raddison has a shuttle to the pier the morning we leave. We will also need to get back to the airport after the cruise. Can anyone suggest how to do this or who to use? Thanks.

There is a car company called Tiffanys transportation. Friends of mine used them and said they were great. They also stayed at the Raddison at the port. Said it was great also. Maybe the hotel has the phone number of Tiffanys.

We'll be staying at the Raddison the night prior to our cruise in Aug. We need to get from the airport to this hotel the afternoon we fly in. Any recommendations? I was told that the Raddison has a shuttle to the pier the morning we leave. We will also need to get back to the airport after the cruise. Can anyone suggest how to do this or who to use? Thanks.

You should be able to find some answers by viewing this site.

www.portcanaveral.org/portinfo/groundtrans.htm

Several folks have related that Art's is a good, reasonable service to use. I've also heard good things about Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

Hope it helps.

best,

John

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked into renting a car from the airport to Port Canaveral for the day we arrive. It is about $40.00 for the day. All shuttle services are charging $60.00 to $80.00. So the car rental option in worth it for getting to our hotel. BUT, when we return the car to the car rental agency, (which should be close by) will they take us to the port or do we take a cab? And, when we get off the ship, how do we get back to the car rental agency to pick up a car to get to the airport. Keeping in mind we have a 1:40 flight home that day. Your opinions please!!

If using Budget or Thrifty they have a shuttle that will take you to the pier and will pick you up after the cruise to pick up the rental again. They are both located close to pier. I can't attest to the other car rentals except National which is located in Cocoa Beach. They do not have shuttle service. If you are thinking you may be cutting it close (ie.. want to be at the airport at 11:40), there is the option of using a transportation service like Arts shuttle for the return trip to the airport. Otherwise just pick up your rental, drive to orlando and they will shuttle you to the airport from there. It's reasonablly priced to rent - however, for convience of not loading and unloading luggage the shuttle is a good option.

Thanks. I rented a car for the day we arrive prior to the cruise from Budget.$43.00!! We will drop it off the morning of the cruise. Its less than a 1/4 mile away from the Raddison so my husband will return the car and come back to meet me at the hotel and we will take the hotel shuttle to the pier. This way we aren't shifting the luggage so much. I haven't decided what to do about the trip from the ship to the airport. I checked into Art's and was just wondering how they will know what time we will be getting off the ship. I won't even know exactly what time. We were planning on carring our luggage off ourselves, but some are saying that it takes a long time because so many do it this way now.

Archived