Splendid Splendor from NYC

mandm97

Here is my review from our recent cruise on the Splendor, April 16th! pixel.gifWe really enjoyed the Splendor and Bermuda from NYC. We found the Splendor to be very enjoyable. The ship was very clean and balcony stateroom fantastic. Although we have been on several cruises...this was our 1st balcony. Yes as previous reviewers have mentioned...the flow of the ship is a little odd but workable. Crew always friendly and made a point to say hi as you passed them.

Embarkation:

Arrived at the pier by 10:15 and breezed thru security and check-in. On the ship by 11:30ish!

Cabin: A balcony cabin that we found spacious and very clean. Room Stewards very efficient and quick to clean room.

Room Service:

Either on time or a few minutes early

Food: We found to be very good with lots of choices on the Lido and MDR. One drawback was the anytime dining. We done this on other cruise lines and worked well for us then. We just found ATD appeared not to organized and wait times usually 20-40 minutes. A beeper is given and you can listen to the music in the Atrium.

Entertainment: All shows were enjoyable. The juggler (Dana Tison) was the best and we both really enjoyed him. The comics were very good as well.

Disembarkation:

We choose not to do self assist this time and found the process went very smoothly. We were able to have leisurely breakfast in MDR and then sat in the Red carpet lounge to wait for our zone to be called. We were off the ship by 10:00 and on the road by 10:30.

Bermuda: One word........Beautiful.

Bermuda is wonderful we ended up taking a private tour of the island one day and it was fantastic. The other day we took the ferry to Hamilton and then a bus to horseshoe bay. We then walked the trail at the end of beach to some very beautiful private coves. The last day we spent in Kings Wharf walking around the dockyard shops and the National Museum. Wish we had more time is spent in St. George!

Bermuda is wonderful we ended up taking a private tour of the island one day and it was fantastic. The other day we took the ferry to Hamilton and then a bus to horseshoe bay. We then walked the trail at the end of beach to some very beautiful private coves. The last day we spent in Kings Wharf walking around the dockyard shops and the National Museum. Wish we had more time is spent in St. George!

Thanks for the review. Good to hear good things about Splendor. Bermuda is ALWAYS wonderful . Best island ever.

In regards to YTD, this is why I don't do it. If I wanted a pager and to wait, I'd stay at home and go to Outback Steak House.

Call me old fashion, but i love the whole process and pagentry of a set dinner time with the same staff every night. It is one of my favorite parts of Cruising

Thanks for the review. Good to hear good things about Splendor. Bermuda is ALWAYS wonderful . Best island ever.

In regards to YTD, this is why I don't do it. If I wanted a pager and to wait, I'd stay at home and go to Outback Steak House.

Call me old fashion, but i love the whole process and pagentry of a set dinner time with the same staff every night. It is one of my favorite parts of Cruising

I agree and we will go back to a set time on our next cruise....

Archived