Birthdays

First of all, Happy Birthday to you. If you tell your TA or whomever you booked your cruise with that it is your birthday, RCI will have a cake for you and the waiters will sing "Happy Birthday". I have done it a couple of times. The cake (all RCI deserts are the best) is excellent!:D

Mike

Happy Birthday! In April, 2003 - my husband and I celebrated our April/May BDs on Rhapsody of the Seas. They did bring a little cake, and sang. Very nice! We already had our TWO desserts in front of us, though, so we took the BD cake back to our cabin....and took bites before breakfast the next day! BD dessert upon regular dessert seemed a bit excessive - but isn't that what makes it so fun! :D

My sister, who booked our cruise, told RCCL that the cruise was a gift for my mom's 70th bday and my 40th bday. They told her which night to expect the cake and singing. I guess they forgot, or didn't put it on the reservation, because they never did it. We didn't mind, we had so many other desserts anyway. I know they would have done it if we had reminded them, but we didn't really care.

Amanda:)

According to RCI's website, if you want a birthday cake you have to order it and pay $7.95 for it. Otherwise, you can get a single slice of cake for free if you inform your waiter.

Scouser, you must be a few days older than me! I also was thinking of Voyager in the Med but around Sept. as I want to go on to U.K. after and I thought it would be getting cool by then.Also my father had Scouser as his" moniker" but there must be a few as he was scouser22

Hiya Scouser ;) ,

I had my birthday, 17th March on the Brilliance, at dinner the waiters sang 'Happy birthday' and gave me a 'cake' with a candle on, i say cake but it was really only one small slice on a plate with my name written in fruit sauce:D .

Have a great cruise.:)

I had booked to have the room decorated on my girlfriends b-day on the Rhapsody. I had it planned so when we were in Grand Cayman they would come in and decorate the room and put a cake in there for a surpise. Well Royal Caribbean ruined the surprise. A girl came by a day before and knocked on the door. My girlfriend answered the door and the girl was asking about the decorations, totally ruined the whole thing. The only thing i got out of it was a free cake and some roses. I told that girl thinks for ruining everything, i dont want the room decorated now! But they still decorated the room.

Archived