Splendor 4J Cabin 6201 & 6202 Carnival Newbie

twinkle toes

My family has never cruised on Carnival before, but have been on Royal Caribbean and Princess. We are on the new Royal Princess for Thanksgiving, but really wanted to fit a Christmas Cruise in this year. We just had friends come back from their first Carnival cruise and LOVED it, so when I looked at the prices for Christmas, I think it's is doable. My daughters LOVE the motion, so I was thinking of trying the 4J cabins. I have read on different threads to get the middle ones if possible due to doors slamming, but really wanted to know if anyone had any experience with actually staying in rooms 6201 or 6202 on Splendor. Obviously, the girls would have their beds as twins, but do either of these two cabins have the ability to have their beds converted into one bed? Any advise or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OK we have not Sailed on the Splendor. We have had a 4j cabin on the Triumph which is a similar layout. Ther is two twins that can be made into a king. These cabins are very small. No space for any other beds. Not ideal for 4 people. We were in 7202 last Sept. On the Triumph. Great location, but as I said very small cabin.

Hope this helps.

Gary & Rox

My family has never cruised on Carnival before, but have been on Royal Caribbean and Princess. We are on the new Royal Princess for Thanksgiving, but really wanted to fit a Christmas Cruise in this year. We just had friends come back from their first Carnival cruise and LOVED it, so when I looked at the prices for Christmas, I think it's is doable. My daughters LOVE the motion, so I was thinking of trying the 4J cabins. I have read on different threads to get the middle ones if possible due to doors slamming, but really wanted to know if anyone had any experience with actually staying in rooms 6201 or 6202 on Splendor. Obviously, the girls would have their beds as twins, but do either of these two cabins have the ability to have their beds converted into one bed? Any advise or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

cabins that do not convert into king beds will have a * inside the number.

These are handicapped cabins and the beds sit headboard to headboard.

My only concern with these cabins are they are above the show lounge. Unless you go to bed after midnight you may get noise from that lounge.

Dancers also practice at night time too. 9202 should be the same price- bigger cabin, closer to the pools and food

We did not have any trouble with slamming doors. I think that the doors were fixed so that it wouldn't slam. The motion was not bad but the seas were calm, and I wore a scopalomine patch. We were in cabin 7204. We loved this cabin! When we book our next cruise, I plan on booking a 4J.

Julie

I am booked in 9202 for this August. I was looking for a cheap cabin and intended to go with an inside when I saw that there are some inside cabins with windows which apparentely are called J4 cabins. I had trouble booking on line so I called. The agent that I spoke to understood the cabin that I was looking for and was very enthusiastic and positive about it. It said they are the best value cabins on the ship. I hope we are both pleased with the J4. Good Luck.

I am booked in 9202 for this August. I was looking for a cheap cabin and intended to go with an inside when I saw that there are some inside cabins with windows which apparentely are called J4 cabins. I had trouble booking on line so I called. The agent that I spoke to understood the cabin that I was looking for and was very enthusiastic and positive about it. It said they are the best value cabins on the ship. I hope we are both pleased with the J4. Good Luck.

Did you get that for the same price as a regular inside? I'm curious because I'm booked on an inside 4F cat.

Did you get that for the same price as a regular inside? I'm curious because I'm booked on an inside 4F cat.

ALL 4 J will cost the same price. They are located on the Upper, Empress, lido and Panarama

do not take one under the gym area

I'll be in my first 4J in July; mine converts to a king bed because I didn't book a handicap room. Initially, I was booked in a HC room, but after I learned I could be bumped, I moved to a lower deck and chose a non HC room. I'll be on deck 7 now.

If you do a mock booking for the Splendor, it should tell you whether or not the beds can be converted; I was pre-warned when I first booked on the panorama deck for Valor; and true enough, when I updated my booking (adding passport information and setting up my onboard expense account), it didn't give me the option to change my bed set-up; I was stuck with 2 twin beds. But after I moved to deck 7 (there were only HC available on deck 10) I was able to change my setup to King bed.

I know I was wordy, but just do the mock booking and see what it tells you or view the deck plan at http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-splendor.aspx#deckplans and choose deck 6 then type in your room number. It will tell you.

The 4J cabins normally cost more; sometimes $100 - $200 more than a 4A or 4C, but it really depends on your sailing and the ship.

Initially my 4J was $180 more than the 4C I booked on Valor, but now I'm only paying $30 more after all of the price drops. And with the F&F sale all cabins, 4A-4G are the same price.

It's an OV cabin for a cheaper rate.

ALL 4 J will cost the same price. They are located on the Upper, Empress, lido and Panarama

do not take one under the gym area

Thanks. I just realized all the 4J are forward and I don't like the movement.:)

I think I am paying $13 a day more for the J4 cabin over the price of an inside cabin.

Not bad. Mine was $25.71 per day more ($180 total), but the F&F sale that won't go away helped me when it was first introduced a day early for past guests. So now I'm paying $4.29/day for my 4J! :D

• 1 month later...

Archived