Just Back from Inaugural Cruise on Enchantment from Port Canaveral

I don’t have a lot of time so am just writing a very short review. This was our first time on the Enchantment and we loved the ship. Took a bit of getting used to having the MDR and Windjammer reversed but otherwise it’s an easy ship to navigate.

After the first two nights in the MDR, with VERY SLOW service, we ate the rest of our evening meals in the WJ – much better in my opinion and good choices. However, we did eat early when they opened at 6:30 so all food was freshly cooked.

The pool deck was great and we never had a problem finding a lounger, even on the sea day.

There was a new production show – Rock n’ Roll something but we left after the first few songs. I’ve found the shows on board all the ships lately to be very amateurish -- haven’t done Oasis class. The Love & Marriage show was hilarious as usual even with the same old questions.

John Blair, the CD, was just OK. I wish CDs wouldn’t try to be comedians when they are so not funny.

The comedian/impressionist/singer (David Record, I think) was excellent and I highly recommend. Also, the other comedian (can’t remember his name) was amazing and pretty well unscripted as he used audience members as the focus of his jokes – without embarrassing them too much!

There are a lot of new crew members on the ship whose English is really not good. I also found them to be far less friendly than usual. However, it didn’t impact the cruise.

Embarkation and Debarkation was the smoothest and fastest ever though I prefer to cruise from Miami or Fort Lauderdale as it’s much more convenient for us especially as we had to fly in to Sanford airport which is a long drive from the port.

I’ll try to answer any questions.

Archived