Juneau whale watching

I took the excursion 5 years ago and all I remember is they had very little outside standing room and the boat held (I think) 2 busloads of people. If I ever go again, I will definitely go with an outside vendor. We never got to go outside and the windows, while big, you could not see very well because of the rain and water on them and the people who would not rotate away from them.

Go private! I personally recommend Harv & Marv's and Alaska Galore. Small boats (no more than 12, some no more than 6 passengers) and it's like being out on a friends' boat. Plenty of room inside and out.

I don't know if you are aware that there is an Alaska board here that you can check out. Tons of info on the Alaska ports, tour recommendations, anything related to cruising/land vacation in Alaska.

Definitely go private. Your experience will be so much better. We used Orca Enterprises. Captain Larry is the original whale watching Captain in Juneau. He and his crew are fabulous! Highly recommend them.

We used them vs. Harv and Marv because Orca will take kids on their trips. Harv and Marv won't take kids under a certain age. Our girls (5 and 7 at the time) loved every second.

Definitely go private. Your experience will be so much better. We used Orca Enterprises. Captain Larry is the original whale watching Captain in Juneau. He and his crew are fabulous! Highly recommend them.

We used them vs. Harv and Marv because Orca will take kids on their trips. Harv and Marv won't take kids under a certain age. Our girls (5 and 7 at the time) loved every second.

Harv & Marv's will take kids if you pay for the whole boat. We teamed up with some other people on our roll call so we got to go with them in 2007. H&M didn't have a whole boat available, so the referred us to Alaska Galore.

Archived