Just back from Celebrity Mercury, any?

Lainey Elizabeth

Just back from the Celebrity Mercury if anyone has anyone has questions.

All in all we had a great trip, I will summarize a few things below but feel free to ask any questions

First of all we stayed in a Royal Suite, which was absolutely wonderful. Big very nice cabin and wonderful veranda. We did notice some wear, but nothing that took away from the cruise. We enjoyed the size of the ship much better than our last cruise on the Carnival Pride. The smaller ship was much easier to get around and we liked that. While we enjoyed our trip I will say that we felt this ship was a little too formal for our taste and felt the entertainmen was really lacking compared to Carnival. As one in our party stated, if we didn't make our own fun it would have been boring. Luckily we were with a fun group and created much of our own entertainment. Also the staff was so formal, we missed the casual joking around staff on Carnival. This was especially true in the dining room.

In Juneau we did the Pilots Choice Helicopter double glacier landing. This was awesome and our pilot Ben was the best. This was breathtaking, worth every cent and the highlight of the trip. We also went to the Red Dog Saloon. Some thought it great, I thought is was just o.k.. We also did the tram which was again o.k. but not great

In Skagway we did the White Pass Train. This was great and I would highly recommend it for the scenery

In Ketchikan we wandered around, shopped and visited Dolly's, which is set up as a museum of an actual former brothel. Dolly's was great and the best $5 we spent on the trip. I highly recommend visiting this.

The Hubbard glacier was also wonderful, the sounds are amazing (like thunder) and we saw quite a bit of calving which was great.

We had great weather and temperatures were 60-70 during the day, and hardly any rain (only a little in Ketchikan). The first full sea day was somewhat rough and a lot of passengers were complaining of seasickness but most were fine by the next day.

All in all a great trip but for our group we would probably try Royal Carribean, Princess or Carnival next time.

Any questions I will try to answer

Archived