Sample Cruise on IOS - 2nd -4th May 2013

Hi all,

Did anyone experience the sample cruise on IOS last weekend. I decided to take my Mum and Stepdad as they have never cruised before, to show them how great cruising is and the exceptional service that you get with RCL. To say I was dissapointed is an understatement . They were clearly lacking staff and it showed. Long waits in MDR for dinner & breakfast..... the staff were rushed off their feet. Long queues at Guest relations.

Really not what we are used to and we overheard lots of complaints too. We are booked again for summer but not sure if we still want to go?

If these sample days are to sell cruises and get peope to switch liners then RCL are not doing themselves any favours.

M.

I agree, but perhaps they're still settling down with new staff following her refurbishment in April. On this occasion I'd be inclined to cut them a little slack, but by all means drop your C&A ambassador an email to voice your concerns regarding your upcoming cruise. After all, we can all have "off" days now and again ..

Hi Niccruisers,

I agree with the teething problems, and that we were first on after dry dock, but there was a clear lack of staff.

I didn't say that the staff were slack it, there just were not enough! They were all running around like you know whats and couldn't cope with the amount of people.

It is up to RCL to equip their ships with the right amount of staff to the paying guests and this did not happen.

M.

Oh well, sometimes these things just happen .. do give them the benefit of the doubt, though, it'd be a shame to miss your August vacation just because of a few staffing issues following a refit. As you know, Indy is a beautiful lady and now she's had her facelift, I'm sure she's even more beautiful and graceful than ever. Why not shrug this one off and look forward to the next .. do let RCL know by email so that they can fix the problems. You never know, you might get a nice freebie in August as an apology/thanks ..

Archived