Radiance of the Seas - Deck 10, Suite 1054

Hi there

We are booked into Family Suite (category TS) 1054 on deck 10 of the Radiance - for a March 2014 cruise.

It used to be the Concierge Club.

Has anyone stayed in this Suite? And pictures?

Most appreciated. :)

Hi there

We are booked into Family Suite (category TS) 1054 on deck 10 of the Radiance - for a March 2014 cruise.

It used to be the Concierge Club.

Has anyone stayed in this Suite? And pictures?

Most appreciated. :)

This suite is not a good suite and the balcony is tiny (Juliet). You would not fit a family on to the balcony - it's tight for two people standing up. It should never have been made into a Family Suite. I'm pretty sure there is an aft-facing Family Suite on Deck 9 which would be a lot better.

Cheers

Di

I do have a photo of the balcony on my PC at home (we had the GS next door to it on a cruise last year) but we are currently in Hawaii (just got off the Radiance) and will be here until the end of May. I will keep an eye on this thread and if no-one else posts a photo of it, I will when we get home.

Cheers

Di

• 3 weeks later...

There is also a lip to step over about 300mm high to get onto the tiny balcony.

The master bedroom hears the lifts all night. I would stay in it rather than not Have a family suite but it is definitely never four.

Hi, I'm back. This is a photo I took from 1052. I don't know about hearing noise from the lifts though because we have had 1060 and had no noise at all.

I will say that in 1054 we had shocking noise from the table tennis table above us and I know that 1052 also got the noise. I complained to the Concierge (JD) and the table tennis was closed down at 9pm every night.

Anyway, here it is:

2u6nr55.jpg

Cheers

Di

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Just to let everyone know, we've just returned from our cruise and we did stay in Family Suite 1054. It was great! The balcony is small, but still nice to sit out on it and get fresh air/take in views. Having two bedrooms and a big family room was fantastic and we loved being near the lifts and only one level below Windjammer/pool.

We didn't hear noise from the lifts, only the odd scraping of deck chairs but that didn't worry us. On two nights only, the noise from the Centrum was loud but normally finished by 11pm at night.

Yes, we've stayed in this stateroom. Didn't have any noise issues. Loved it.:)

I did a review on the top of the RCI page.

Sticky-RC cabin info compilation.

Hi, do you happen to know if the the JS cabins on Deck 10 have noise issues ? We're thinking of booking one for Dec but get conflicting advice - some say they are quiet, some say they hear restaurant noise and deck chair scraping....am thinking of the ones midship, not the aft ones which seem highly desirable and already booked :) Thanks .......

Angela, Sydney Australia.

Hi Angela

We are going on Radiance in December, Christmas/New Year.

We haven't had a Junior Suite. We have done TBS, as mentioned, Family Oceanview & ajoining balconies. We have done others on Rhapsody and never had any noise problems. We have numerous JSs coming up on Rhapsody.:)

Hi Raina.

I think that is right, doesn't make a double.

Coming soon

Rhapsody x 5:D

Radiance

Sea Princess x 2

Voyager

And whatever other RCI ships they care to send to Australia

Edited by Aussie FF

Thanks :) We're looking at the cruise b4 yours.....we did a similar one last year, but had a balcony cabin on Deck 9 which was just perfect. We're deciding whether to hang out for a fair price on one of those or take this offer. We only booked in July last year, so we might be lucky again this year :) Happy sailing to you - looks like you've got lots to look forward to !

Angela, Sydney Australia.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Here are a few pics. The first pic is the kids bedroom, which can be set up with 2 singles on the floor and 2 pullmans above, but we left it with a double (Queen?) on the floor and the 2 pullmans, since we only had 3 kids in there and the teenager wanted a big bed!

Our master bedroom was nice, with a dressing area and ensuite.

The living room is large and comfy and the deck is big.

Loved it! Plus, all the perks of being a Suite guest...ie Concierge Club!

IMG_6031.jpg.e812c1f32c2628b5523c8813a0950ae5.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg.bc5b10cd703029b10de2409b39534028.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg.9dcadcc9a74610f278f293cdf10a3157.jpg

I'm so sorry!!! - these pictures are from Anthem of the seas. we just returned from a holiday and we had a suite on that ship! I'm out at the moment but when I get home I'll post pictures from Radiance. It was also great suite.

Sory, it's not letting me upload at the moment. Similar layout to what I already posted, but no 'dressing area' in the main bedroom, but still an ensuite. The balcony is pretty small, too, but not too bad. Much roomier than booking two staterooms, I reckon. Will try and post later!